Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:42 PM   #201

malinstreak wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, I meant blurred, which many regard as a focus problem but is usually a camera shake problem.

I know that a lot of the pictures I took when I first got the camera were blurred because I was trying to use too low a shutter speed to get the benefit of lower ISO's.

I now tend to use the higher ISO's if I need a fast shutter because the level of noise is low, particularly when printing outpictures, even if you can see it if you zoom in onamonitor.

Oh gotcha camera shake is a real pain. I must admit I could have sworn that I was holding the camera absolutely steady on any number of occasions only to have results like I had the DT's :-)

My solution as I really like available light shots was to buy a tripod but this is not always convenient so yes pushing the ISO is a good option to have, this is one area where my D50 really does score.
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 12:47 PM   #202

Digiabs wrote:
Quote:
Hey,

Just tested my S9500. The picture was exposured for 30 sec, shot at ISO 80. It was then cropped and it turns up to be a lot of white dots. Could it be the noise due to long exposure or the faulty of sensor. Pls advise. Thanks!
I think you will find that this is called hot pixels. It occurs on long exposure as the sensor is activated for a longer than usual the photosites overheat causing just this problem. The 9mp sensor exacerbates this problem by having the photosites so close together so they overheat a lot quicker.

As far as I know there is no real solution to this in camera only PP is the current fix
Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:11 PM   #203

Thank Q! Andy Lee,

I learnt something new about the 9MP sensor. May I say that this camera is in normal working conditions?

The serial # of my set is 54Q276xx. So far did u hear any problem from this batch of production. I got it from Singapore. Thanks
Digiabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 1:29 PM   #204

I'm sure SteveDak has the answer to this somewhere in his Database. Steve?

The hot pixels problem is not unique to Fuji as far as I can tell it is a generic problem with most Digital cameras but unless you do long exposures of the sort you did then the average user will never come across it.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 2:07 PM   #205

Andy_Lee wrote:
Quote:
I'm sure SteveDak has the answer to this somewhere in his Database. Steve?
I'll check it out for you tomorrow when I'm in my office - there aresome 54Q's listed with problems but only a few as I recall.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 3:07 PM   #206

Gentlemen, just cant believe I have tolerated this 9500 Piece of s____ for so long, I have been very patient watching, learning, digesting, ingesting and any other form of ing that relates to learning about the Fuji 9500. Shutter speed, f__king f: stops, incandescent light, focus problems, flash problems, noise, ISO, RAW, knobs dropping off.

All I want to do is take a picture! When I am in a panic and see a potential photo opportunity, I would like to be able to switch on, turn the dial to auto and snap away and then see something that resembles a photo after wards. Unfortunately not with this model, I have complained to my retailer, sent emails to Fuji.com Fuji.uk Fuji.biz Fuji.eu Fuji…everyone. To date know one wants to know anything about my issues with this camera.

Solution

I have now given up and decided to come up with my own solution. Leave the 9500 in its case and take out my wife's Casio Z120. This solution has been swayed by the indulgence and influence of strong beer. When I wake in the morning I will regret writing this and perhaps be more positivetowards my 9500 again?
Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 4:39 PM   #207

Hi Ady,

If it is really that big of a problem to you, I would look at selling your S9x00 and finding a camera that better suits your individual needs. I researched for many months before deciding a couple of years ago that an S7000 would work well for my needs. If you are not comfortable with the camera/results, then you will likely not use it or use it much less. The tool should be comfortable for you/your needs, different people need different cams, make your decisions on what will best serve YOU in the long term.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:23 PM   #208

uglybob wrote:
Quote:
Just took one at F8, it still looks blurred in the corners, not as bad as the shot i posted earlier this morning- They where both taken at 28mm (35equiv)

http://www.jml.net/~uglybob/DSCF0718.JPG

//john
It looks identical to my s9500.
Here is what 2mins in Paintshop pro-x did for it. Sorry not enough room on my site at the moment for full sized file.
http://sel.enternet.co.nz/DSCF0718-se.JPG
I think if you want better you are going to look at another camera.

Sel ......

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html
SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 12:05 AM   #209

Digiabs wrote:
Quote:
The serial # of my set is 54Q276xx. So far did u hear any problem from this batch of production. I got it from Singapore. Thanks
Hi Digiabs,

There are only four 54Q series that havebeen reportedas being problematic.The highest serial number being 54Q179**. You should bear in mind however, that whether these camerasare faulty or not,remains a matter of conjencture(since reports are based on the perception of the userat that time)until such time as the report is substantiated by a replacement or 'repair'.

Old Jan 16, 2006, 1:04 AM   #210

shadowlies wrote:
Quote:
Due to recent circumstances a gag order has been placed to stop further humilation of the Sth African criketing efforts (at least that is what we think they have been trying to play:?:G)
[align=center]:|[/align]
[align=center]Notice you're quiet today Shadow - trust you enjoyed the cricket yesterday - I certainly did[/align]
[align=center] :G:G:G[/align]