Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:49 AM   #211

Ady_Pitt

I understand. I would suggest you stick with basic point and shoot cameras and avoid pro and semi pro models. There are many models with long zooms available for under $500 that give good basic results. Back in the days of film I saw many people buy expensive SLR's and never use them because they just wanted to aim and shoot, not mess with controls. The Canon S2 IS is a good one. The Fuji E900 was called the "best camera you can buy that you can stick in your pocket" by Popular Photography. There are many others.
tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 5:59 AM   #212

How many have really been replaced or repaired? I'm sure Fuji has sold tens of thousands of these cameras. People with problems tend to make a lot more noise than those without. The hand full of complainers here really don't amount to much. I would like to know what % of cameras have been returned. I'll bet it's really low.
tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:05 AM   #213

SteveDak wrote:
Quote:
shadowlies wrote:
Quote:
Due to recent circumstances a gag order has been placed to stop further humilation of the Sth African criketing efforts (at least that is what we think they have been trying to play:?:G)
[align=center]:|[/align]

[align=center]Notice you're quiet today Shadow - trust you enjoyed the cricket yesterday - I certainly did[/align]

[align=center] :G:G:G[/align]
All credit to the Sth African team they did very well. A very exciting match that could have been a one sided affair.

SA definitely had us backed into a corner early in the innings. It was also the type of match that went to and fro, and was open for debate as to who would win at different stages. Once Dippenaar was out, (as we managed to getSmith & Gibbs fairly cheaply)I thought we had a slim chance. I am glad though that SA was able to win the match outright instead of due to rain (I can never remember the name of the formula they use in rain effected games).

I do hope that this is the turning point for SA cricket in Australia as it will lead to a very exciting competition in the one-day series.

PS: I honestly was not trying to avoid you. I have not had much opportunity to post in the last week as I have finished holidays and back at work.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:16 AM   #214

shadowlies wrote:
Quote:
PS: I honestly was not trying to avoid you. I have not had much opportunity to post in the last week as I have finished holidays and back at work.
I know you weren't Shadow, butin my position I have to make hay whilst I can:sad: (always a good contestwhen the two meet)

You should have a chat with Tigger, hemanages to contribute the better part ofhis valued contributionto this forum during working hours :G:G
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:47 AM   #215

I would love to post whilst at work but due to the intranet system we use we are locked out of forums.

But even if I did have access, most of my time is spent on the road and when I make it back to the station I have paperwork catch up on.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:50 AM   #216

tbcass wrote:
Quote:
How many have really been replaced or repaired? I'm sure Fuji has sold tens of thousands of these cameras. People with problems tend to make a lot more noise than those without. The hand full of complainers here really don't amount to much. I would like to know what % of cameras have been returned. I'll bet it's really low.
True - those with a problem camera are more motivated to post a comment than those with a good camera. I do think however thatif you were 'one of thecomplainers here that don't amount to much'and onyour second or third camera, your assessment might assume a slightly different hue.As you are no doubt aware, reports ofquality concernsand returns are not confined to this forum alone.

According to various posters on this forum,Fujiare adamant that theyhaven't received any returns - so in fact they havean astonishing quality assurance record with this product.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:52 AM   #217

Hey shadow! Have a flutter on the next SA~v~Ozzy rugby match. Spend the winnings on a brand new laptop! :lol:
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2006, 8:14 AM   #218

In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:
Hey shadow! Have a flutter on the next SA~v~Ozzy rugby match. Spend the winnings on a brand new laptop! :lol:
hmmmmm, not a bad idea. Would you like me to pick the score too? LOL

Truthfully, I don't think that it would be wise but on current form I would actually lean towards SA in that contest. (Quite frankly, they need something to keep up national spirit:G)
Old Jan 16, 2006, 8:35 AM   #219

Quote:
In search of Syd wrote:
Quote:
Listen hairy legs, your cricket and rugby sides haven't exactly showered themselves in glory of late either -:blah:
Old Jan 16, 2006, 8:53 AM   #220

Maybe not, but we set the standards long ago and thought we'd give you newbies a go at it. I'm sure your players will get the hang of it once they get used to the game. :blah:
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote