Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 17, 2006, 5:26 PM   #221

Well chaps after all this time with Fuji and others suggesting I maybe paranoid,
Quote:
Many shouting "he`s behind you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
I received this email from Fuji today. Dare I suggest that my ability to take photos is not as questionable as I first thought?
Thanks to all that believed me XXXXXX:-)

The following response has been made:

I am very sorry to hear of the continuing problems you are experiencing with your camera.

The image which you sent with your email is not of the quality we would expect from the FinePix S9500.

Please could you email some further sample images to this address so that we can determine where the problem lies and hopefully resolve the issue for you.

Sincerely, Fujifilm

Well, well, well, I cant believe that Fuji are starting to listen

Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:23 PM   #222

Behind you all the way dude . . .
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:51 AM   #223

That's all any of the owners of suspectunitswanted in the first place - for somebody to listen and respond in anappropriate manner.

For some reason there is a perception amongst some that anycomplaint or reservation about anindividual unit amounts to criticism of the camera as a whole, which is not the case.

There are many 9500's out their producingexcellent results but there are also some that are not. I don't think this is a design issuebut rathera quality assurance issue. Simple as that.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2006, 6:52 AM   #224

Just as a point, I took this at our local Military history museum this morning - everything in Auto and NO PP'ing other than to resize. Quick hand held snap under difficult lighting. Don't think anyone can complain about this particular camera (53L).
Attached Images

Old Jan 18, 2006, 7:00 AM   #225

[align=center]"Just don't mention the War Basil"[/align]
Sybil Fawlty
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 8:02 AM   #226

Dear all, my problems still continue with my 9500,however i am pleased with the response from Fuji, they are in full agreement that there are problems with the images my camera is producing. Today I have returned the camera to Fuji for the second time following the email below. I have insisted that I would like a replacement camera to resolve the issue. Lets pray I get one as I am becoming very frustrated! and would like to start taking good pictures as i have seen posted by Stevedak, Selnz, ISOSandother members. I still hold the 9500 in high regard, it is just unfortunate that I have a bad one.

I will keep you all up to date with the outcome:P

Response from Fuji

The image 87322-DSCF0004.JPG is certainly not of the quality we would expect from the S9500, especially shooting at ISO80 with use of a tripod. As a gesture of goodwill we can arrange for Royal Mail pre-paid special delivery packaging to be sent for the camera's return to our service centre for re-inspection by a more senior technician.

The area of focus, the central part of the frame, does not appear to be in-focus, possibly a result of the camera either failing to achieve focus or the focus not being calibrated correctly.

I have organised for this pre paid envelope to be sent to you in todays post under our reference number ______. Once you have received this packaging please pack the camera up securely, place in the envelope and then take to your local post office who will organise for this to be sent to us.

Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2006, 8:38 AM   #227

Thanks for the update Ady, I would absolutely insist on, and settle for nothing less than, a brand new replacement. Its scandalous that they even expect youto accept the original camera back even though they mayultimately restore it to working order. That's really not what you, in good faith, paid forin the first instance.

Hope they do the right thing and replace itwith a brand new out the box model, not one that has beendismantled out of factory and re-assembled.
Old Jan 29, 2006, 2:36 PM   #228

Depending on what they have to do it may be cheaper for them to send a new camera. If they recalibrate you may get the same camera back. I think they are giving great service either way.

Tom
tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:10 PM   #229

I'm having no problems whatsoever. Serial number is 54A 0XXXX and all things work as they should. Picture of the root beer was on the night stand as I was trying out the external flash I have. ISO 200 no noise!

Vern

Attached Images

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2006, 9:21 AM   #230

tbcass wrote:
Quote:
Depending on what they have to do it may be cheaper for them to send a new camera. If they recalibrate you may get the same camera back. I think they are giving great service either way.

Tom
Hi Tom,

I should hope they would be bending over backward tosatisfy Ady, seeing as they seem to agree that they supplied him a defective product in the first place - there was presumably nothing defective about Ady's money. Hence there is only oneparty in defaultin this sale agreement.

Forgive me for getting on my soap boxhere andthis is not directed at you, butit really irks me when the public feel that the Manufacturers are doing them a big favour by responding to a complaint, such as this.They have an obligation to honour the sale agreement by supplying the product they undertook to, in full working order - which in this case means a new 'out the box' camera -not one that has been re-worked(apparently moving up the hierarchy of technical competence in the process, judging by the mail Ady received) to bring it up to scratch.

Apathetic consumerismultimately benefits no one - least of all the supplier. One only needs to look at the software industry and the way that the consumer has been conditioned to sometimes accept a flawed product - and thenpay further for the fixes.