Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 14, 2006, 3:23 PM   #251

Hi Stranger, Thanks for your advice regarding the return proceedure and approx costs.

I will return mine in the near future once I have used it for my brothers 40th birthday.

Keep me informed as regards to how long the repair actualy takes (Fuji estimate 7 days) and if the problems are actualy corrected.

Thanks
Focus Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 4:34 PM   #252

Well folks some good news ! I had a phone call yesterday from my dealer. My camera was back, with a technicians report saying they were unable to find any defects and the camera appears to be working properly. OK, fine ......so the dealer sends the camera back to me and at seven this morning it arrives.
This afternoon I just have time to literally bang some shots off, no fancy settings, just 'Auto' with Manual/Auto Focus, Daylight/Standard Flash. All hand held and no timer shots. The results were............an amazing improvement.
This camera is definately not performing as it was when I sent it away. The results are far sharper. So much so that the result from a handheld shot at full zoom is far better than I was getting previously from a supported one! And no I didn't increase the sharpness setting in the menu, as according to the manual , this will not work in the auto setting.
Overall I would say that the shots I took this afternoon are what anyone could reasonably expect from their first shots with any new camera. Suffice to say I can now see the possibilities this camera has to offer. Last week all I could see was an expensive mistake.
Did I imagine the lousy results and the problems that the camera was showing last week ? Definately 100% not, although I will admit to imagining plenty of good results in the past. All I know is that Fuji have had my camera for a few days, alledgedly found nothing wrong with it, and now it seems to be working fine, or at least far better than it was :-). Who am I to argue ?
By the way , Serial # is 54L10354.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 7:41 PM   #253

Hi Stranger, Glad your sorted and you obviously have the results you would expect from a expensive camera of the S9500 caliber.

Any chance of posting some of your early pictures and later pics so we can see the difference.

Focus Man

PS - you quote a serial number, is this identical number that you returned or is it a new camera.

Old Feb 19, 2006, 5:41 AM   #254

Unfortunately I deleted the earlier pics in disgust last weekend. Probably a mistake but I had no idea that anyone would want to see them. Anyway, her's one taken yesterday, 'auto' setting, full zoom, hand held, straight out of the camera and resized. Although not the greatest pic in the world, just a quick test shot. the results are far better than earlier. I'll post a 100% crop next.
Also the camera I sent to Fuji is the one that came back. Same serial number.

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 3:29 PM   #255

Hi Stranger, Don't know how your previous images where, but that one seems fine to me.

I have been playing about withmy S9500again today around the Blackpool area, and I have to be honest the results have been fantastic (But only when I usethe "P, S, A & M" modes) Full "Auto" is still very unpredictable.

Also, I have found that activating the "Bracketing" mode almost guarantees a perfect shot.

I have attached one of today's images for your comments; see also my other image submitted30th Jan 06
Attached Images

Old Feb 20, 2006, 3:12 AM   #256

Finally, after 4 month and two 9500 exchanged, my third arrived last Friday and its perfekt. Crips pictures and no blured areas. The cameras I had to exchange before ,both showed unsharpnesses in the left part of the pictures. The new one is perfekt.
Well I knew this cam can perform perfect, and now it prooves it does. Great !
:-)
aldebaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 1:16 PM   #257

Hi Stranger, hows your S9500 performing now you have had chance to realy try it out.

Focus Man
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:10 PM   #258

Focus Man, I've been away for a few days and not been able to do much. As this is really a survey thread, I've started a new one here........... S9000/S9500 Samples .....just for pics good and not so good.:-)
Old Feb 28, 2006, 9:19 AM   #259

Hi everyone,

It has been a while. I have moved recently and I have only now been able to get reconnected to the internet after approx 4 weeks. To make matters depressing, I am back to dial up speeds whilst an investigation is under way to determine if I can get broadband set up here.

Anyways......

I am still waiting to hear from Fuji regarding my camera. The Fuji rep finally turned up in our town a week after I sent my camera away, this was a little surprising as we did not expect ever see him again. He has been saying he would be coming since before Christmas.

My camera has been at the Service centre for about the same time I have been offline. So I am hoping to get it back soon. I am having withdrawals from not taking pictures with my S9500.

When I get it back I will post some pictures of my back yard. At last count I had 20+ kangaroos having a party on evening in the back and front yard. And I have lost count of the number of frogs around the place.

Cheers
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 4:40 AM   #260

Update time:

My camera store was finally able to get an answer (not a good or plausible answer) from the service dept after my camera has been with them for 6 weeks and constant calling for the last week and a bit.

They say there is nothing mechanically wrong with the camera and state that the problems lie with my mishandling of the camera and dropping it. DROPPING IT! Are they kidding? I don't have the money to be dropping even a cheap camera!

That said they have not given an answer to a simple question: When can I get my camera back?

The camera shop is still trying to speak to a supervisor in relation to my camera. I don't like my chances on getting my camera back for my trip overseas in 3 weeks. It took just over a week of constant calling to get to speak to an underling. How long will it take to speak to a supervisor?

I am getting very depressed and angry over this affair. I am desperate to get my camera back for my overseas trip.

I hope to have better news next time I update.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote