Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 14, 2006, 4:17 AM   #261

Hi Shadow - Jeez and I thought we had issues with service here! Personally I would have been in some MD's office by now and not budged without having a camera in my hands (and probably having knee-capped someone in the process)

Why don't you go right to the top of Fuji in Australia via e-mail & phone - just keep bombarding them. I would also throw in the fact that youuse the camera for work - being in essential services as you are(I'm sure you must have occasion to use it in this regard?). I had some crappy service with some software just recently which I bought on-line from a European based company - I got satisfaction & more after having relentlessly bombarded them with e-mails (even just one or two liners andafter only two days into the assault :G). Don't settle for crappy service like this - you're the customer at the end of the day and have the right to go to the top ofthe company if you are not getting satisfaction from the underlings.

Good luck and I hope you come right.

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2006, 4:43 AM   #262

After following your advice Steve, I received a email back for 1 of 2 that I sent. I got this email after two days.

I am told that my camera was not booked in until the 6th of Feb and is in the final stages of repair, I can expect it back soon as the turn around for repairs is 6 weeks.

This is a little funny as the camera store sent back an S3 at the same time and when they confronted Fuji about the delay after 6 weeks, they were told the camera was being packed to be sent back. Hmmm, I suppose 6 weeks for a S3 is different to 6 weeks for a S9500, LOL

I don't care just as long as I get my camera back fixed sooner rather than later. I will email back to find out what was wrong with the camera. (As if they would tell me, but you never know)
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:06 AM   #263

To start off, my camera has still not been returned

My last email as to what was actually wrong with my camera has remained unanswered. Phone calls by the camera shop remain unanswered or no one is willing to give any answers.

So it came to desperate measures today. I started calling my regions Fuji rep on his mobile. I called every hour until my call was returned. I think he was keen in the end to answer me when I left the message of my intent to call every hour. Plus the fact that I was working until midnight to night may have spooked him.

But even after speaking to him I am not much further along. He told me when he checked on my camera, it was on the bench awaiting parts. He could not tell me what was wrong though. He gave me a direct number to the repairs department. (I think he wants me to hassle them instead of him. LOL)

The one consolation is that he suggested that if my camera is going to take longer he will look into get me a replacement so that I have a camrea to travel with overseas in under 3 weeks. If I get no satisfaction I am thinking of asking for compensation. The pictures I will miss out on whilst I am on holidays will be irreplacable. My grandparents will not live forever and my trips to see them are rare enough as it is.

I feel as though Fuji is letting their customers down with poor service when they have a god product. This is just my experience as it stands at this point in time. This is in no way meant to say that this is what is occuring else where but it would no suprise me if it was.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:57 AM   #264

Shadowlies,

I can sympathise. MyS9500 has been with Fuji (UK repair centre)for almost 1 month. Within a few days of receiving it fuji claimed it was repaired and on it's way back to me. The Royal Mail said they had received a parcel but it was missing. I contacted Fuji who then said that due to an administrative error my camera hadn't been sent out after alland it would be with me early this week. As of today (Friday) no camera has appeared.

Ihad been using the online interactive service butmy last few messages have not been answered. In my absence, my wife took it on herself to call Fuji today. They didn't seem to know where my S9500 was and now admit it is lost after all.

Their Customer service seems a bit hit and miss but in fairnesswithout promptingtheydid offer to send a new camera out from their stock.I'm assured this is a new camera and not a refurb model although it will be boxed without accessories (I still have mine anyway). I guess the moral of the story is to pick up the phone and keep on at them. I guessthey can leave the emails but it's harder to ignore the customer on the phone.

Good luck. Hopefully mine will arrive next week but I'm not counting my chickens!
vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:03 PM   #265

Vrem & Shadow, none of this is acceptable at all. A short while back I spoke with Damien Demolder the Assistant Editor of Amateur Photographer magazine and forwarded him everythingI had available regarding issues with the S9500 and the responses to date then. He seemed somewhat sympathetic but the story never ran.

I tried contacting Fuji Customer Services this evening but they close early on Fridays, to ask directly about the latest on repair times and the command dial issue. Will try to get some answers on Monday. I really think a written complaint/request seems in order here, to your Customer Services Manager, with carbon copies to the Managing Director at Head Office and also perhaps a Cc to your preferred digital photography magazine's editor.

Another point is, Fuji are trying to sell us their extended warranty cover, it may be worth pointing out that with stories of such delays as these you are now wondering whether or not to take this up. Send a copy of your letter to the manager of the extended warranty department too.

These delays are wholly unaceptable.

Fuji did have a very good reputation for their after sales service, but by all accounts it is looking like many have lost faith in this regard.

I would try to speak to their press officer too.

May the force be with us,

Syd

In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:56 PM   #266

Syd did you honestly expect the magazine to run it as a story when Fuji constantly take out multi page colour adds with that magazine.

The only real chance is to have incontravertable evidence that Fuji were doing something wrong.
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:38 PM   #267

Syd,

Once (or if?) I do get a camera back from Fuji, I am going to complain to a higher level. Fortunately for me my wife doesn't give up as easily, althoughI guess she feels responsible as the S9500 was her Christmas gift to me.The customer care service via the normal channels was pretty lousy and it took a direct telephone call to prompt any action at all.

I'm still a little sceptical about my replacement being a 'new' camera especially as it is being shipped from the repair centre but how could I prove that it isn't? I suppose the serial number should give me an idea.
vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 7:37 AM   #268

As the weekend progresses and I think about it more. I have to feel sorry for the person/s that will have to deal with me on Monday.

I think I am going to give them a couple of days to solve this dilemma once and for all or else I will scream bloody murder to anyone that will listen. This includes the consumer watchdogs, the Dept of Consumer Affairs. I will give them an optional way out of this mess but it will have to be done this week.

I leave on a plane for the US on the 9th of April and that is not far away now. I don't want to be anxiously awaiting each days mail in the week before I leave. hoping that my camera has arrived.

Iguess I could settle for a S3 Pro with a AF-S DX Nikkor 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G IF-ED lens.Just for the inconvenience and frustration of the whole ordeal.

And pigs may fly!
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:56 PM   #269

Whew, after numerous phone calls I may have gotten somewhere.

I have been told that they were waiting on (which arrived this morning) a new lens assembly that is being fitted today and the camera will be shipped at the latest tomorrow morning. (hmmmm, we shall see). They would not elaborate any further on the problem and stand by their statement that there is no problem with the S9X00 model and there have been few cameras returned.

I have to say though I may rethink buying a Fuji camera again in the future if this is the standard of service. 9 weeks is a bit much and the run around I was given is totally unacceptable. If they had been honest from the start telling me they were having trouble receiving the part I would have been satisfied.

Fuji do have great products but the service in my case was very questionable.

But on the upside I will have my camera back very soon and before I leave on holidays. (I hope!)

As a side note, Fuji never answered my question: "Doyou (Fuji)see me as a valued Fuji customer?"
Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:05 AM   #270

Good news that you appear to be making progress Shadow - I do hope they keep their word and you do get the camera back in the next few days. Whole new lens assembly - that's quite radical. Would have thought a replacement would have been a far more satisfactory solution for all concerned (as much for them as for you).Can understand your disallusionment with Fuji - they really do need to get their after-sales service sorted out in some areas by all accounts, althoughit does seemto be abit of a 'regional' thing.

Good luck - hope your next post will be a great pic before the end of the week :-)
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote