Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 27, 2006, 12:45 PM   #271

As a side note, Fuji never answered my question: "Doyou (Fuji)see me as a valued Fuji customer?"

Fuji seems to be adept at avoiding answering the question! The repair centre was supposed to call me today to explain what has happened to my camera - no call was received. Still if the replacement arrives tomorrow (the latest Fuji said it would arrive by) I'll be fairly happy.

I'm quite suspicious by natureand Fuji seem very reluctant to tell me anything about my camera or what happened, so this makes me wonder what has happened. If it went missing in the repair shop or in the post why not tell me? Surely the first rule of customer service is to keep the customer updated? I can fully understand that things go astray and I would accept that but these secret service tactics make me wonder what has gone on. Another dodgy S9500 that Fuji refuses to believe exists?

Anyway by this tomorrow I fully expect to a have a brand new S9500 in my hands and it will all be behind me.
vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:19 PM   #272

HeyVrem I just had an awful case of de jevu - I hope they're notsending you Shadow's original camera and him, yours! :G

(Sorry that was in poor taste, and under the circumstances we perhaps shouldn't joke about things like that )

Hope you come right too Vrem and that the arrival of your replacement willherald the end of your problems.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:36 PM   #273

Don't worry vrem, if I do get your camera I will look after it carefully. If you get mine, I imagine it will make an attractive paperweight on your desk. LOL

At times like these I think we need to be able to have a light laugh otherwise we would go stark raving mad.

BTW, vrem I am with you. Honesty is the best policy if Fuji had been upfront with me from the beginning I would not feel so frustrated.
shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 4:37 PM   #274

As luck would have it I'm off tomorrow so hopefully my camera will arrive.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:37 PM   #275

Just got off the phone from the Fuji repair centre. The word is that my camera is in the mail and should be here in two days.

Fingers crossed.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:09 AM   #276

My replacement camera arrived 1 hour ago. I was promised a new camera but I am not convinced this is. The serial number is lower than my old camera - the 'new' camera is 53Q01549 and my old camera was 53Q14704. I know this doesn't necessarily mean this is a used camera but there marks around the tripod mount which looks like a tripod has been used on the camera. I strongly suspect this is a refurbished model straight out of the repair shop.

Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:12 AM   #277

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

I got a phone call from the head of Digital camera services division. He told me that the part that needed replacing in my camera arrived today. WTF? (Didn't that arrive yesterday??? Ahhh, NO.) My camera (if it could be repaired in time) or a new replacement would be in the mail this afternoon.

If this is the case wasn't a new replacement sent a long time ago.

I hope my next post is better.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:18 AM   #278

Shadowlies,

This is just amazing isn't it? A huge multinational company that can't get the simplest things right!

Am I being paranoid or should there be wear marks around the tripod mount on an unused brand newcamera?
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:37 AM   #279

Hi Vrem, just out of interest I checked out your new camera's serial number on the database of returns I was keeping and it's not listed. So it's not a camera that has been reported as being faulty here or on DPR. I know that's not conclusive but at least it's something positive. In terms of the wear marks, I don't think you're being paranoid at all. Might just be me, but I'm a bit particular when it comes to things like cameras and won't accept anything other than an unopended box, etc. I suspect I'm every salesman's nightmare - but my view is it's my hard earned money, not the Salesman's, that's been layed out.In my opinion you paid for a new, working camera in 'out of the plastic wrapping condition' and that's what you should be getting.

Shadow, I thought they told you it was in the post already? I would be 'going ape' right now if I were you and insisting on a new replacement. Think you are owed that much but as I said earlier, maybe I'm just the quintessential difficult customer

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:47 AM   #280

Steve,

Thanks for checking the serial number.

The camera arrived in a plain brown box with no accessories included. I was told this would be the case but was also told that it was a brand new camera from stock. The stock must hang around a long time because it's older than my original (purchasedmid November) The wear marks are certainly where a tripod has been attached (a tell tale circular mark that appears on the black case).

I guess a refurb camera will work OK but my wife paid £400 for a new camera and I feel that's what I should have. If I wanted a refurb model I would have logged on to Fuji and bought one for £300.

Just about to call them to see what they say. If I get no joy it's letters off to their head office and copied toour consumer people. This just isn't good enough. My wife asked the Fuji person 3 x to confirm it was a new camera and not a refurb and she was adamant it was 'brand new'.