Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 8, 2005, 3:40 PM   #21

Andy_Lee a écrit:
Quote:
Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
so it seems as if most of the problems are occuring with the UK version (9500)?

Well I obviously can't comment on anybody elses camera, but what do you think ?having seen the examples above would you say there is a problem or not.

Image is not very good, but there is not Exif informations in jpeg file. It is very difficult.
What is the focal, ISO, speed , aperture and all other sort of informationin S9500 small.jpg ?
at.choum75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:39 PM   #22

i just bought a 9500 here in Thailand two weeks ago... and it is noticeably less sharp than my 7000....

I have been very pleased with my 7000 over the last two years, and use it in my small digital studio here in Thailand.. i thought the 9500 would be great... I used to have a Canon EOS with the Tamron 28-200mm lens which was great too..

I know the 9500 will be great if this sharpness issue is 'resolved':roll:

my 4 digicams have all been Fuji....

Don't know what kind of return policy I can get here in Thailand....going back to the city in another weeks time....
fabianfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2005, 6:54 PM   #23

I presume all the exif was lost when the file was resized for the forum posting also the JPEG was not the original format these were RAW format shots on both cameras

The original shot was taken in Auto mode at ISO 200 F4.9 1/800th WB set for shade with colour set to Chrome

This was exactly the same on both cameras. The colour of the S5500 is a lot closer to reality than the poor effort of the S9500. This standard of photo is about what my S9500 produced regularly some better some worse.

Well Fuji now have my camera lets see what they have to say.
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 3:37 AM   #24

malinstreak a écrit:
Quote:
I am sure there havebeen some bad cameras but this camera takes some practice to get the best out of it, its not just a point and shoot.
I totaly agree with you.

I have a lot of difficulty with White Balance on this camera. My old camera madealways good choice for me. On Fuji S9x00, default White Balance is rarely the best choice .... I must to workthis parameters .. that's all

by. @choum
at.choum75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2005, 6:31 PM   #25
Super Moderator

shoot raw, worry about white balance later.. get it perfect with the white balance dropper..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2005, 12:10 AM   #26

Hards80 wrote:
Quote:
shoot raw, worry about white balance later.. get it perfect with the white balance dropper..

While I agree with you there, a cameraof this caliber should be able to get it right at least most of the time set on "auto". RAW is great, but JPG has its place. I recently took about 1200snapshots on a vacation, and to process all of them thru RAW would have made an old man out of me.

gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:39 AM   #27

Hi,

I posted this in the known uk fault with the S9500. Well, telephoned and e-mailed Fuji and was told that there have been no recalls and no known faults reported with the S9500. May I say, that I think that a lot of S9000/S9500 users out there need some more practice with the camera. Apologies if I am being a bit blunt here, but I for one need some practice using it.

Martin
Mr.Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 8:39 AM   #28

Mr.Jingles wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I posted this in the known uk fault with the S9500. Well, telephoned and e-mailed Fuji and was told that there have been no recalls and no known faults reported with the S9500. May I say, that I think that a lot of S9000/S9500 users out there need some more practice with the camera. Apologies if I am being a bit blunt here, but I for one need some practice using it.

Martin

Hi Martin,

I would agree with your analysis, I think that with the number of optional settings available in the menu, you have the ability to set up the camera to your own preferences for output quality. Certainly more choices than my S7000 has, and I think that once you get used to the camera and have it set up to your preferences/style that you will be more than happy with the results. Based on what I have seen (and I don't own an S9xxx), it appears that out of the box it produces slightly soft images that do not have as much "pop" as the S7k and S602, the good news is that once you set up the S9xxx to the settings that give the results you want, the end product seems to be better than the earlier cams in this series (S7k, S602, etc.). I think far too many people expect the cam to be perfect out of the box without learning how to use it properly, it is a complex camera and not a $150.00 "idiot proof" point and shoot. Just my two cents worth.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2005, 3:25 PM   #29
AWT

Quote:
I think far too many people expect the cam to be perfect out of the box without learning how to use it properly, it is a complex camera and not a $150.00 "idiot proof" point and shoot.
Exactly... I'm sure we've allencountered people that acquire top-end 'gadgets' as status symbols but don't havetheenthusiasmorexperience needed to use them as intended..

:roll:
AWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 2:35 PM   #30

Well mine came back from Fuji UK today and guess what it now takes great pictures even in Idiot Proof point and shoot mode.

Note from fuji says full service carried out. Oh if you think Fuji are going to admit to somebody who casually rings up that they have had to withdraw a whole batch of cameras then that person is living in lalal land imagine the field day the press would have with that sort of info.

As for not knowing what I am doing with the camera well I refuse to be drawn into an argument on the subject but I appears I was fully justified in returning the camera to Fuji.
Andy_Lee is offline   Reply With Quote