Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:03 PM   #291

Steve,

Sorry never looked at the date beforeI reset the camera, it was certainly was 2005 but I didn't notice a month or day.

Going to compose my letter to Fuji tomorrow and then we'll see what happens.
vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:14 PM   #292

E.T wrote:
Quote:

And icirculating "repaired" items could be quite common,

I have to be careful what I say here and howI phrase my postings. I am not accusing Fuji of recirculating refurbished cameras. I have no reason to believe that Fuji would knowingly carry out this practice and I don't believe they would risk their good reputation in doing so.I'm willing to accept that this is an honestmistake on their part.

All I can say is that the 'unused' camera I received this morning has at some point been used with a tripod - the evidence on inspecting the S9500 directly after opening the package was evident to both myself and my wife. I have no way of knowing whether the camera was used to shoot photographs before I received it.
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:31 PM   #293

vrem wrote:
Quote:
Steve,

Sorry never looked at the date beforeI reset the camera, it was certainly was 2005 but I didn't notice a month or day.

Going to compose my letter to Fuji tomorrow and then we'll see what happens.

Don't think mine had anything date wise (just dashes for day,month,year)other than the "set date" prompt ............
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:45 PM   #294

Hi,

Just thought that I would add my own comments. I had my S9500 for six months, and to honest I had no problems other than I always had settings to high saturation, high contrast. On the normal settings, I found that I never got a decent photo. I started using RAW, and this is when the photo quality really was better after some pp. Fuji commented that the camera was noise free at high iso levels. I mdid not think so. I have now got the Nikon D50, and photo quality is 100% better. I still have my trusty S7000. Just my opinions.

Martin
Mr.Jingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:50 AM   #295

Well I have gotten my camera back! Woo Hoo or maybe not.

I would like people's opinions in the comparison below. One was taken before the camera went away, the other was taken tonight. All the setting are the same. The crop is at 100%.

ISO 200, f 6.4, 1/60, sharpness: high, flash.

Am I expecting too much from this camera?
Attached Images

shadowlies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:02 AM   #296

Hi Shadow,

The one on the right looks better. I hope that's from your new camera.
I sent my camera in for repairs about 12 days ago.
I hope my s9500 does not take too long to fix.
Am I having false hopes?

Edster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:49 AM   #297

Woow this thread is quite scarey

im very lucky i bought the pana fz30 instead

Im supriesd to see some aussie stock failing as fuji nz assurred us that we wouldnt experience any issues (fuji nz admited to having issues with this model) as they did with over seas equivalents.

Our branch stil holds at a 0 fault on the s95000

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:27 AM   #298

Hi Shadow

To compare, first try to shot something in normal condition ...

example : Take your camera - take a flower dailight, 75mm auto and shot. No sharpness, 9MP fine all auto.. resize 800/600 and post. If you don't want to do any PP : put the C mode and sharpness high. You needs to understand first how S9000 behaves first -same game with all the Hight end Digicam

Another point NEVER EVER try to magnify at 100% on the screen it's awfull - if the same with all the camera with more than 6mPX...

Try it, 99.99999% of owners seems happy with this camera ( this forum only talk about problems )..look out of the box

Please post us a beautiful flower :-)

*RaF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 7:34 AM   #299

My partner recently bought me a s9500 for my birthday and I was delighted to receive it having been a happy FinePix 2800z user for many years. I bought her a s5500 some time ago and both cameras have consistently produced excellent pictures. Unfortunately, the s9500 has completely destroyed my high regard for FujiFilm products. I have taken hundreds of comparative pictures this weekend using the 2880z, s5500, s9500 and for comparison a SonyEricsson K750i mobile phone. The K750i consistently out performs the s9500 for picture sharpness, colour and uniform focus. The s9500 suffers blurring on the left side and a blue, purple tint.

I'm not a camera expert but I'm no dummy either. I expect that the s9500 should be equivalent or outperform all of the other devices I have used for testing when in auto mode but it doesn't. When shooting comparative pictures at 2mp, it is hard to tell apart the 2800z from the s5500, the K750i is suprisingly close, but the s9500 output just looks awful.

Thankfully, I have found this site and read the horror stories of sending the camera back to FujiFilm so will be returning the camera to the retailer for replacement or refund. I am prepared to try another new s9500 but I'm not going to be messing about exchanging cameras over the next few weeks.

My serial number is 54Q10381

MoabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:38 AM   #300

Quote:
Thankfully, I have found this site and read the horror stories of sending the camera back to FujiFilm so will be returning the camera to the retailer for replacement or refund. I am prepared to try another new s9500 but I'm not going to be messing about exchanging cameras over the next few weeks.

My serial number is 54Q10381

I think returning it to the point of purchase is the best solution. I would advise anyone to do that rather than following the advicecontained on the UK warranty card included in the box.

I followed the advice from Fuji and returned my camera to their repair centre. The camera along with the original receipt was lost by them and it appears I have lost my 'Statutory Right' to a refund which would have been granted had I returned it directly to the shop where purchased. I am still pursuing this with Fuji and hopefully their customer care policy will prove to be a good one.