Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:29 AM   #301

My faith in Fuji is restored. Today I received a letter and a pre-paidbag to return the camera. Fuji have apologised and admitted that I was sent a refurbished camera in error. I'm willing to accept mistakes happen and Fuji do put them right. It appears my original camera was sent to someone else in error. Fuji are sending out a brand new boxed camera.

Full marks and lots of praise to Fuji Customer Care here in the UK. A very swift reply to my letter and a satisfying conclusion. Hopefully my new camera will be with mesoon.I would certainly consider buying Fuji again given that I have the confidence that they will put things right should a problem arise.
vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 12:23 PM   #302

Thats great news vrem, lets hope your replacement new camera functions as per expectations.

I have decided NOT to return my camera after all the bad press on this site, and have found it to be a very capable camera when used in all other modes except the full auto mode.

Good luck

Focus man

Focus Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:38 PM   #303

I, too, have returned my s9000 to the U.S. fuji repair center. Focusing problems, grainyness,...just ugly shots. I am a very experienced digital photographer, very versed in photoshop post-processing, ...and my s9000 had real problems. I am supposed to get it back in 2-3 weeks. I'll post when I do with old photos vs. new ones. I am hoping to get some excellent shots with the repaired camers as I have seen on this forum..

Teresa
Tzurunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 12:43 AM   #304

Hey Vrem, that is really good news! Full marks to whoever you are dealing with in Customer Care. Don't quite buy the 'sent in error' story but at least you've finally got satisfaction - hope the new camera is everything you expect it to be

(these things do have a habit of getting sorted out once you put an angry woman on their backs - a great tactic since woman just won't let go once they are on 'a mission'. That's my experience anyway:G)
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 3:59 AM   #305

Steve,

The missus can certainly put together a good letter too. She's very knowledgeable about consumer law and the likes.

Whatever happened at least I know that I was right about receiving a previously used camera. Should get my new S9xxx next week and I can finally get out and take some shots.
Old Apr 10, 2006, 12:27 PM   #306

THis was an earlier post about an image not being clear on the left. Can't see photo, have same problem. Though th image is not too clear having reduced it a lot I think one can still see that the left is not as clear as the right.

Ray
Attached Images

rpj-bexhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:25 PM   #307

Whooo HOOOOO!!:-)

Got my s9000 back Monday after being told Wednesday previous that it would be three weeks. The packaging papersand inspection sticker said they had replaced the lens assembly........I was not wise enough to ck serial number befor shipping. I am still wondering if I got a new camera since the turn around was so quick.

I have taken many shots so far andthey look much better! I will post later with some samples of before and after. I still have some figuring out to do with the focus issues with the long zoom, but I probably need a tripod many times when I am holding by hand.

There's hope for this camera yet. THanks for some great photos posted here using this camera to give me some hope.

Teresa
Tzurunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:52 PM   #308

Great stuff, hope everything is fine now, I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Focus Man
Focus Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 2:46 PM   #309

I took my camera back to the retailer and they exchanged it for a brand new camera in a sealed box. The new one is a 61Q series and is noticeably better.
MoabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 3:28 PM   #310

My replacement arrived yesterday. Came fully boxed, the serial number is 54Q02063 which isis certainly a later model than the original replacement. Haven't reallyhad much opportunity to get out and use it but from the few shots I've taken it appears to be OK.

This image was cropped and the levels were adjusted a little. No other PP. Shot taken in Aperture Priority F5.6, 200 ISO with sharpness set to hard.

Attached Images