Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 16, 2006, 4:15 PM   #311

Hi I have a 61 Q 51808, whats yours? It certainly is better than the first.

Ray
rpj-bexhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 4:16 PM   #312

Looks good, I find that hard is better, when I took photos of the test sheet I tried all three settings and Hard was noticably better.

ray
rpj-bexhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:40 PM   #313

Thanks! Had camera on a short trip over the weekend and it was great.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Let's see if this link works to photobucket--

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/Tzurunkle/

a few quick, hand held shots--daugher has tripod...shot a couple in the BW mode and was pleased with that as well.

The repair-or replacement is terrific. Have some razor-sharp long zoom shots as well.

Good lcuk to everyone getting your camera fixed. I am so glad I sent mine back.

Teresa
Tzurunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 7:43 PM   #314

Sorry!

Here's proper link--the last just takes you to a years old shot through a tent screen.

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...quick%20shots/

Album title is s9000 post repair.

Teresa

Old Apr 18, 2006, 10:50 PM   #315

I've been reading this thread so I thought I'd better share my S9500 experience.

I upgraded from a 5500 to a 9500 (SN 54L03457) late last year and have nothing but praise for the camera until the control dial failed in February while at a wedding, great timing . . .

The camera shop in Adelaide where I purchased it were very good, they keep sales details on file and were able to run off a sales receipt saving me the hassle of getting mine back at home and hour and a half away. I was told to expect a 3 to 4 week wait for repairs, disappointing to be left camera-less for so long but what do you do?

After 3 weeks I rang the shop to find how it was going and they hadn't heard anything back from Fuji so they followed it up and rang back to say Fuji had a minimum 4 week turnaround and had nothing to report. After 4 and a half weeks I rang back to find out if there was any news and again the shop followed it up and rang back to say Fuji still hadn't done anything. The shop were quite apologetic and annoyed at Fuji's lack lustre approach and offered to lend me another camera if mine wasn't back the following week.

6 weeks to the day that I took my camera in I got a call to say it was finally back. As I live out of town they even had it sent by overnight express to me which was greatly appreciated.

The report from Fuji states that the U03065-100 ASSY CASE TOP was replaced and that the camera was tested and recalibrated etc etc. They also wrote "we apologise for any inconvenience caused by the lack of your camera and hope you receive full enjoyment in the future".

I haven't had the chance to put the camera to serious use yet, but so far all seems good. I do wonder how long the command dial will last this time though, it seems pathetic that I'm now going to have to treat it with "kid gloves".

I know which shop I will be buying my next camera from, but I somehow don't think it will be a Fuji!

misterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 12:16 AM   #316

Hello,

I posted this in another thread in this forum, but after getting my camera back (serial number 54A0939 and being quite pleased with the improvement following the very rapid repair by Fuji, ( -and posting photos as mentioned above to show focus factor)

http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i3...quick%20shots/

MY CONTROL DIAL QUIT WORKING! I contacted Fuji again, was treated politely, but I declined the offer to just repair the same camera again.After a shot wait the managerokayed a pre-paid shipping label being sent with the promise of a replacement camera being sent as soon as they get this one.

Will post end of saga. But I must say that I have been treated with great courtesy with each Fuji repair site contact.

T

Old May 30, 2006, 2:42 AM   #317

I was sure I had registered for this forum before but have no registered (maybe again). I have read most of this thread with avid interest as I have heard of a few others from different forums having problems.
I bought my 9500 on Feb 6th after much research and found that it was the one best suited to my needs. I heard of the command dial problems sometime later as well as focussing issues.
Well 4500 images later and the command dial ceased to operate (still feels like it is doing its job but it does not do anything). This happened in the middle of a Schoolboys Soccer tournament where my nephew was playing (his very last schoolboys tournament), at least it did work in P mode. As for anything requirng the comman dial, forget it.
I had a couple of times when the camera did not turn on when I expected it to but had not given that much thought.
I took the camera back to my place of purchase today (in Brisbane Australia). They told me they send it back to Fuji Australia repair centre which is based in Sydney, the expected turnaround is 4 to 6 weeks. The salesman had the same problem occur with turning on so that is also listed on the repair request.
I then phoned Fuji, they admit the problem but insist that their turnaround is 4 to 6 weeks, I explained that my camera is in use every day and that was unacceptable for what is essentially a new camera. Sympathetic yes, but no bananas .........
I then asked as the camera is going to be away for so long then my warranty period would of course be extended, they said no, but then said that the repair is warranted for 3 months ..... What the? The camera is only 3 and a half months old, what exactly do they mean by that??????
I bought this camera because I had issues with an unreliable Nikon 5700 ........... at least it lasted 12 months before going belly up!!!
Having said that the images out of the camera are great as far as I can work out. I have not had some of the focussing issues that others have had.

Wendy (from Australia)
SN# :- 54Q17***
WindyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 7:54 PM   #318

Ive had some issues with the s9500 as well, but after 2 months of screwing around i decided to send it to Fuji.

I recieved it this week after just21 days, wich i think is most acceptable for a low-priority repairand it turned out that the lens wasnt right and that they replaced it.

And now its works like a charm, the pictures look nice and crisp and still have a very gorgues smooth look to the colours, the focusis like a 100 times better then before the repair and the colours are just magnificent. I was disappointed at first but now, after the repair, i don't think i can live without this cam.

In short;am very pleased with the way the repair turned out and now I have a very capable cam at my disposal, I can get very good pics without any post processing.

A non-proccesed POST repair shot

cypher666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 4:10 PM   #319

Just found this forum.....I've been struggling with my s9500 for 3 months!!!! Desperately trying to get decent photos. I've tried Auto, plus all the other options, to no avail:sad:

My previous cameras have been a finepix 4800, and an s7000, both have been excellent cameras which I've used to good effect.

This 9500 is taking worse pictures than my works Sony DSC s600 (which I bought the same day andin the same shop!)AND my Sony K750i mobile! I'm not joking!

I would post some photos, but quite frankly they're a joke!

I'm taking mine back to the retailer on Saturday to either get a replacement there and then or for them to send it away. I'm through with this one.
dogdelree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2006, 5:29 PM   #320

S9000 command dial failed after 3 weeks.* Returned to Fuji Repair at Edison, NJ. with request for expedited service.* Back in my hands in 8 days. Not bad at all.* It was a long 8 days, but i used the time to get used to my new f30.* (I'm a 42-year oldschool photog greatly enjoying the transition to digital.* Fuji shore does bring up some purty pitchers!)*
Attached Images

Paul Herzoff is offline   Reply With Quote