Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 24, 2006, 2:20 PM   #321

Had fuji s9500 for 3 months and already the rubber hand grip is starting to peel off. Not sure what to do really. Bought it on the net and already emailed company i bought it off. They said that there engineers will have to look at it but no idea how long thats gonna take. I'm really aiming to get my money back because who knows if a replacement etc may have the same problem.*Anyone else had the same problem?
msnapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2006, 12:11 PM   #322

I have sent in my S9000 once already three months ago and they sent me a new one.* Now i am having to send it in yet again.Please keep me posted on what you find out about all this.* Fuji needs to fess up to the problem.* Also if you find anyone that has received a refund I would like to know.* Fuji told me they dont do refunds.thanks
Fractal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2006, 8:39 PM   #323

No return, but I wanted to share our experience so far.

We purchased our S9000 the first week of Dec. 2005, serial no. 53A514XX and have taken well over 8,000 pictures/videos since then with no problems.

The command dial is still in great working order and I use it like a madman.

SteveDak, what are the ranges of serial numbers ppl have reported having a problem w/ that dial?

david
earthsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 10:46 PM   #324

my s9500 from malaysia

send to services centre yesterday
command dial problem.

redriver81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2006, 6:00 AM   #325

i have a lot of picture shoot with s9500 (61Q)
at http://redriver.multiply.com/photos

if got time can have a look. i dono weater my camera got any problem... cause i totaly new...

appreciate if any can help

thanks alot
Old Sep 22, 2006, 11:05 AM   #326

maybe im over worry after reading this post..
and i stil havent get back my camera... (command dial problem)

i had test with iso 1600 macro. no touch up
its look great for me.. any comand?

Old Oct 16, 2006, 12:43 PM   #327

I would never buy a Fuji of any description. They refuse to admit that the A607 has the same kind of CCD failure as the ones listed in the infamous CCD service advisory. Fuji does not stand behind their products.
Attached Images

FujiNotGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 5:46 AM   #328

i think the camera is rubbish ! ive had my 9/5 for two days not one shot is 100% focased properly , it takes a better picture if you take it in 2meg rather than 5 or 9 ,

ok so it can be made better with photoshop , but whats that all about?

so every picture a 9/5 takes has to be run through editing to make it look like something a lesser camera can take without messing about with after?

i had an fz20 that took better pictures!!
bomber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 8:08 PM   #329

Let's see, you've had a d50, 300d, e500, a100, fz20, and now an S9500, and none of them take good pictures? Maybe you should consider another hobby.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 5:42 PM   #330

Hi All, in fairness to Bomber1 he may well be experiencing problems with his S9500.

I was never totally happy with my 9500 especially in the full Auto mode, the images could only be described as a disgrace, however when used in any of the manual modes it was very acceptable.

One thing I was conscious of was that in all pictures, the lower right area was always slightly off focus; I contacted Fuji regarding these problems, but at the time decided not to return it for repair.

Approx 9 months down the road, the rubber grip started to depart the camera body, so this time I contacted Fuji and returned it for repair (with a detailed letter regarding other faults and sample images with exif data attached)

The camera returned with a brand new case and lens (same serial Number) and the results from it are absolutely spot on now, even in full auto mode.

So there you all go, there are faulty S9500 out there, and if your one of the unfortunate individuals who have got one, all I can say is get it sent back asp with as much information as possible.

:-)Happy Shooting :-)
Focus Man is offline   Reply With Quote