Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 24, 2005, 1:35 PM   #61

perhaps the factory default settings for the s9000/9500 ( i own a s7000 and a KM7d) are set to 'medium' (like the KM 7d) for sharpness, contrast, saturation in order to mimic a dslr

i was disappointed with my km 7d until i reset the default sharoness to +2 and the contrast to +1

the s7000 default settings were excellent, perhaps the s9000 has a great deal more 'wriggle' room ?

JIM ?
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 8:44 AM   #62

For those who haven't seen this, I think this is well worth visiting in terms of the varying Quality issue ;

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=16010533
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 2:17 PM   #63

Hi, I bought an S9500 in the UK Serial No. 53Q XXXXX (sorry). Completely dissapointed with pictures from it. Low contrast , low saturation, very soft focus and a lot of pictures had a bluish tinge. I have used SLR's in the past and so can handle a camera of this size, but I really couldn't believe that it could be the camera. I stuck with it for a week and took a lot of pictures. I tried changing the contrast, saturation and sharpness settings on the camera, which helped a little, but still the pictures lacked any real crispness. I cannot tell you how upset I was, I really loved using the camera it really was a joy to use, but pictures are what it's all about. I have returned the camera and got a fullrefund. I am keeping my Olympus C-770 (which takes far better pictures than the s9500 did) for another year, then I'll see what's available.

I feel incredibly let down by Fujifilm - I can't believe how many cameras with the same faults as the one I had, have apparently slipped past their quality controlsystem.
Madbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:30 AM   #64

hi all. since my last post I have returned my 9500 to the seller (warehouse express) in uk who replaced it with new one, serial no 54Q04566, without quibble even though I had camera for more than 2 months , I posted camera back on monday and received replacement on thursday so full marks to Warehouse Express.
Now for the bad news, its no better than the first one, i.e. poor focusing and every image is soft. I spoke to seller again who said to return camera to them for testing and to provide prints that show the problem . Am I so unlucky to get 2 lemons? or is the 9500 model just a joke. I will keep you informed.
Antony Smith. :sad:

tobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 7:54 AM   #65

Hi Antony - sorry to hear about the problems you are having. Are the poor results you're getting in Auto or PASM settings? Also, do you have the S/N of the first one you returned?

Steve

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 8:27 AM   #66

hi steve, the first serial no was 53Q03207, as for mode setting it makes no difference
as this camera is unable to produce a truly sharp image in any mode. There is small improvement if I select "hard" sharpness in menu. T his camers is not in same league
as the 7000 which I sold to buy the 9500. I am seriously thinking of going back to a 7000.
Before I bought the 9500 I spoke to fuji through emails and they assured me that the 9500 would produce superior results to the 7000. I have taken test shots with the 9500 and my friends 7000 at the same time and the sharper images from the 7000 leap off the page and yes each camera used the same settings ,was tripod mounted and fired with self timer .so there is no excuse for the 9500. I rest my case.
regards antony.:sad:
Old Dec 3, 2005, 12:49 PM   #67

Just a small amount of info that may help some members.
I have purchased one of the first 9500`s in September, previously owned a s602, had to replace because of dust on the ccd .I have had very poor results in all modes, i have changed settings and read the manual numerous times. the final straw came last week when i used the camera to take some special photo`s ofa friend receiving anaward, guess what all of them blurred, grainy and colorless. yes i tried auto, antiblur, night mode and even tried my own settings, all failed to produce any reasonable quality of image. one other thing i have noticed is that the hand icon that indicates possible camera shake remains on in all modes apart from manual.
Today i have taken the camera back to the supplier and have insisted that it is sent back to Fuji, the guy in the shop admits the pictures are very poor and has checked through the info content, he says the settings i made were OK. I will keep you guys informed as to what Fuji say, and hope that anyone thinking of buying this camera holds on until this focus problem is resolved!

I have attached a sampleto showhow my camera performed in antiblur mode:?

Attached Images

Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:02 PM   #68

nickphoto123 wrote:
Quote:
I believe some of these stories may be just stories.

I have not seen any posted images from this group of "disappointnted S9000 / S9500 users".

Any new camera can have issues from the first production run.

But I don't think there are too many with the S9000.

Hi I have posted a picture, have a look your comments most welcome.

Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:26 PM   #69

[align=left]
[/align]
Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:34 PM   #70

this is pic from 9500, next post will be same pic from 7000
Attached Images