Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 3, 2005, 3:35 PM   #71

this is same pic from 7000.
Attached Images

tobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 5:48 PM   #72

Ady_pitt wrote:
Quote:
Just a small amount of info that may help some members.
I have purchased one of the first 9500`s in September, previously owned a s602, had to replace because of dust on the ccd .I have had very poor results in all modes, i have changed settings and read the manual numerous times. the final straw came last week when i used the camera to take some special photo`s ofa friend receiving anaward, guess what all of them blurred, grainy and colorless. yes i tried auto, antiblur, night mode and even tried my own settings, all failed to produce any reasonable quality of image. one other thing i have noticed is that the hand icon that indicates possible camera shake remains on in all modes apart from manual.
Today i have taken the camera back to the supplier and have insisted that it is sent back to Fuji, the guy in the shop admits the pictures are very poor and has checked through the info content, he says the settings i made were OK. I will keep you guys informed as to what Fuji say, and hope that anyone thinking of buying this camera holds on until this focus problem is resolved!

I have attached a sampleto showhow my camera performed in antiblur mode:?
Please do not take offence, none is intended. :-)

To me this is not the camera being faulty. This is camera shake pure and simple. If I had taken this photo I would have preset white balance to get the colour right as soon as I got there. Set the camera to at least natural light mode to get higher iso, but probably set iso800, aperture priority, and checked what shutterspeed the camera was choosing at the zoomlevel I was going to use. If there was enough light to lower the iso, I would have set the iso to 400 and checked again. Now all that is left is to take the photo making sure you are holding the camera correctly elbows in against the body etc. breathe in start letting your breath out, hold, fire.

Any chance of you posting the exif info so we can see what the camera was set to.

Very best regards,

Sel ......... :-)

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html
SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2005, 6:02 PM   #73

SelNZ wrote:
Quote:
Ady_pitt wrote:
Quote:
Just a small amount of info that may help some members.
I have purchased one of the first 9500`s in September, previously owned a s602, had to replace because of dust on the ccd .I have had very poor results in all modes, i have changed settings and read the manual numerous times. the final straw came last week when i used the camera to take some special photo`s ofa friend receiving anaward, guess what all of them blurred, grainy and colorless. yes i tried auto, antiblur, night mode and even tried my own settings, all failed to produce any reasonable quality of image. one other thing i have noticed is that the hand icon that indicates possible camera shake remains on in all modes apart from manual.
Today i have taken the camera back to the supplier and have insisted that it is sent back to Fuji, the guy in the shop admits the pictures are very poor and has checked through the info content, he says the settings i made were OK. I will keep you guys informed as to what Fuji say, and hope that anyone thinking of buying this camera holds on until this focus problem is resolved!

I have attached a sampleto showhow my camera performed in antiblur mode:?
Please do not take offence, none is intended. :-)

To me this is not the camera being faulty. This is camera shake pure and simple. If I had taken this photo I would have preset white balance to get the colour right as soon as I got there. Set the camera to at least natural light mode to get higher iso, but probably set iso800, aperture priority, and checked what shutterspeed the camera was choosing at the zoomlevel I was going to use. If there was enough light to lower the iso, I would have set the iso to 400 and checked again. Now all that is left is to take the photo making sure you are holding the camera correctly elbows in against the body etc. breathe in start letting your breath out, hold, fire.

Any chance of you posting the exif info so we can see what the camera was set to.

Very best regards,

I agree with sel, you can see a left to right direction to the blur which is a sure indication of motion blur. but that doesnt mean the camera is ok, the image may still be soft as well.so tripod mount your camera take another shot on self timer and post it.
regards tobyone. :-)

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html
Old Dec 4, 2005, 8:24 AM   #74

Thanks selNZ and tobyone for your ideas, i would consider myself to be a novice and take on board what you are saying, particularly the points about setting up manually for the environment you are shooting in. I did take my old S602 to the same venue last year and got some fantastic pics in auto mode, do you think i am expecting to much from the 9500,? if the camera comes back from Fuji in the same state i will have to sell and choose another make which supports image stabilization. Any recommendations ???
Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:26 PM   #75

Ady_pitt wrote:
Quote:
Thanks selNZ and tobyone for your ideas, i would consider myself to be a novice and take on board what you are saying, particularly the points about setting up manually for the environment you are shooting in. I did take my old S602 to the same venue last year and got some fantastic pics in auto mode, do you think i am expecting to much from the 9500,? if the camera comes back from Fuji in the same state i will have to sell and choose another make which supports image stabilization. Any recommendations ???
No, you are not expecting too much. I just think you picked the wrong setting thats all. Anti blur is meant for moving objects in a well lit enviroment. If you had picked natural light all would have been O.K. Even auto probably would have worked. Just spend some time getting to know your camera and practise what you are going to do before you do it.

The s9xxx is a wonderful camera, it's just a bit more complex. More like a DSLR. Switch it on to natural light mode and take a pile of photos inside around the house and see what setting the camera uses. You can use the info button for this when you are viewing in camera. Read the manual, even if you don't understand it all. Some will stick. Looking at the photo you posted there seems to be plenty of detail there. It was blurred thats all.

Very best regards

SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 6:30 PM   #76

Arnold1896 wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Like Andy my S9500 has been variable with colour, focus and noise. It was my original assumption it was the user (RFM). But after many test and comparisons with my Olympus C5050 and my sons 4m P&S (plus the many excellent samples posted in this forum).My S9500 seemed lacking.

Contacted Fuji, they reviewed sample pics and yes the suspect 'it has developed a fault' and have ask for it the be returned.

Brought from Dabs serial number 53Q04725, does this begin to sound familiar.

I await Fuji investigations.

Arnold

P.S. Indoor flash was also inconsistant.
Fuji have repaired by 9500, tomorrow I will telephone to find out exactly what repair has been carried out (probably will not tell me).

Camera should be received mid week, will post outcome.

PLEASE BEWARE Fuji did agree there was a problem, it is easy to suggest user problems (if your lucky to have a good model).

Users with problems do not mess arround if your not happy contact Fuji.

It will also help Fuji to review the amount of quality problems (if any) and therefore take the appropriate action. Even maybe post a general recall notice (big maybe though.

Arnold
Arnold1896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 12:48 AM   #77

Hi Arnold, Sounds like you may be on the way to satisfaction. Please do try and push them for an explanation as to why it needed replacing / repair -Can't believe how many units have been replaced without any explanation given and I can't believe this is not an issue in the retailer's mind either.
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 4:27 AM   #78

steve, what do you think about the 2 examples I posted? they do represent my cameras problem accurately.
tobyone

Old Dec 5, 2005, 5:31 AM   #79

I consider myself as a beginner as far using the S9500 goes...

Some of my pics are great, some not so great. I am having trouble working out if its me or the camera! I strongly feel it may be me!

Could anyone suggest a test that maybe myself and fellow S9*00 owners could do to establish if the unit is faulty?

I thought maybe if we all posted a picture of the same simple subject using the exact same settings/distance from subject/lighting etc...

We would then have a better idea of what to expect from our cameras.......

Any suggestions?

Rob
Sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 7:52 AM   #80

Hi Toby,

From what I'm seeing the 7000 shot isconsiderably sharper - from what I've seen posted elsewhere,its thisdifferencethat some new owners arequestioning.

Don't think that helps you much but that's my tuppence worth.

Steve
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote