Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 5, 2005, 8:55 AM   #81

hi steve, before I bought the 9500 I had the 7000 so I emailed fuji and asked them about the differences between the 2 cameras and they assured me that the image
quality from the "new" 9500 was far superior to the 7000.
I have now returned the "replacement" to warehouse express for testing.
I have also included the 2 prints from above. I dont think fuji have got anywhere to hide
do you?
toby :-):-):-)
tobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 1:31 AM   #82

Purchased an S9000 last week and have been shooting 'test' shots. I am finding that regardless of the Auto mode as compared to A,S and Program there appears to be a generally lack of sharpness.

I have contacted Fuji and sent them some pictures, one of which is the attachment, and they conclude that it is a very good picture.

I will be the first one to admit inexperience with this model may be the cause of the lack of sharpness. I have used all thre AE and AF settings that are available and I still think the quality is less than it should be for this camera.

I have had much better results with the Fuji 2800.

Would appreciate any comments on the attachment.

Could be I am gun shy!

Regards

Don
mx5don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 2:19 PM   #83

mx5don wrote:
Quote:
Purchased an S9000 last week and have been shooting 'test' shots. I am finding that regardless of the Auto mode as compared to A,S and Program there appears to be a generally lack of sharpness.

I have contacted Fuji and sent them some pictures, one of which is the attachment, and they conclude that it is a very good picture.

I will be the first one to admit inexperience with this model may be the cause of the lack of sharpness. I have used all thre AE and AF settings that are available and I still think the quality is less than it should be for this camera.

I have had much better results with the Fuji 2800.

Would appreciate any comments on the attachment.

Could be I am gun shy!

Regards

Don
Hi Don,

Sorry can't see any attachment.

I think you are making the same mistake most people make when they get this camera. You are try ing to view the photos at 100%. No computer monitor in the world can cope with that. you must resize to your screen resolution and view full screen.

Check this posting I made a while ago.
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ighlight=selnz

Sel ......... :-)

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/%7Eselorme/photos.html
SelNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:09 PM   #84

hi all,
well having returned two 9500 cameras to warehouse express with the same
probs, i.e. poor focus and soft images. w/e have tested the camera and they agree
its not acceptable. so they spoke to fuji who said the cameras do not have a fault
because all of the 9500 images are soft, its the way they are !!!!!!!!.
all credit to w/e they are giving me a full refund even though I had first cam since
sep 7.
tobyone.
ps I cant wait for some of your comments :sad:
tobyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 3:38 PM   #85

tobyone wrote:
Quote:
hi all,
well having returned two 9500 cameras to warehouse express with the same
probs, i.e. poor focus and soft images. w/e have tested the camera and they agree
its not acceptable. so they spoke to fuji who said the cameras do not have a fault
because all of the 9500 images are soft, its the way they are !!!!!!!!.
all credit to w/e they are giving me a full refund even though I had first cam since
sep 7.
tobyone.
ps I cant wait for some of your comments :sad:
The only comment I have to make is you have made the right decision for you. If you can't live with the camera it is not for you.:-)

You may want to try the Panasonic FZ-30. The photos come out of that camera bright, sharp and full of Pop.

By the way Fuji are correct about the soft photos straight out of the camera. This is how mine is and how I like it. I would rather do the processing myself than let the camera do it. If you have not seen my end results click on my link below.

Best regards

Sel ...............:-)

Old Dec 8, 2005, 8:52 PM   #86

Hi SenNZ

Your comments on inporving/setting the screen resolution are valid.

The S9000 is turning out to be a more versatile camera than I had originally thought and with experience should provide excellent results.

I too traded in my Omega enlarger, thermometerand trays for Photoshop and a mouse.

Your own photos are extremely good and thanks again for the advice.

Regards

Don
mx5don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 10:39 PM   #87

mx5don wrote:
Quote:
Hi SenNZ

Your comments on inporving/setting the screen resolution are valid.

The S9000 is turning out to be a more versatile camera than I had originally thought and with experience should provide excellent results.

I too traded in my Omega enlarger, thermometerand trays for Photoshop and a mouse.

Your own photos are extremely good and thanks again for the advice.

Regards

Don
Hi Don,

Very glad to help. Keep at it, this camera is worth the time spent to learn it. One thing you will find, is the amazing amount of sharpening you can do without getting halos around objects.

Best regards,

Sel .........:-)
Old Dec 9, 2005, 6:39 AM   #88

Hi Sel,
I like your chicken and duck photos. What settings did you use?
Did you use the Program Mode. Good detail in them, something that's missing in my photos.
Edster77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 2:33 PM   #89

Edster77 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Sel,
I like your chicken and duck photos. What settings did you use?
Did you use the Program Mode. Good detail in them, something that's missing in my photos.
Hi Edster77,

All the exif info is in the photos. Just download them and view this info. Most of my photos are taken spur of the moment using aperture priority mode and all settings on standard. I then postprocess them using the method in the link below
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=73360&forum_id=16&highlight=selnz
If you use photoshop it works the same, you just may have to change the settings a little. You can change the setting for sharpness, contrast and saturation in camera if you want, but I like to do it on the computer.

I believe 98% of all s9xxx cameras sold are O.K. It's just taking us longer to come to grips with them.

If you give me a link to download one of your photos I would be happy to look at it for you.

Sel .......... :-)

Old Dec 10, 2005, 2:53 AM   #90

Thanks Sel,

I won't be able to give you a link to download as the image hosting site I'm on
does not accept large files.
At the moment the focus on my cam seems to be a hit and miss affair.
Sometimes I do get a nice sharp photo. It is not an easy camera to use.
Anyway I'll keep working at it.

Edster77 is offline   Reply With Quote