Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:14 PM   #11

No problem Phil, I made one tonight as I got home from work. Im uploading it now to that site. Ill post a link as soon as its done. Sorry its easy to make them big so this one is about 44mb too.. it will record video untill the memory card fills up. I got a gig..hehe records for a little over 15 minutes with that I believe.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:19 PM   #12

here is a link to my artwork http://docx.deviantart.com/ Click on the gallery link and it will open up all of my stuff. Most images used were taken with the S7000. here is a link to my stock photo page and all of the images on there except for the ones on the last page were taken with the S7000. Again hit the gallery button top left http://docx-stock.deviantart.com/
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:36 PM   #13

Here is the link to the new video I made tonight for you, http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WQLJ4A8J hope it helps

Take care, Mark
Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:26 AM   #14

Hi Mark

Thanks for that - the large file size is fine as I have broadband.

However, it says "invalid link" when I try to download it - not sure why that is. Maybe you could try it yourself.

Another place to upload to is http://www.yousendit.combut I understand that these are deleted after 1 week.

If you could try again I would be very grateful.

I find it encouraging that you appear to be a professional photography and apparently are happy with the S7000.

One query I have about the S7000 are the 2 memory cards you can install which seems potentially very useful.

Can one pre-allocate these so perhaps a 1G Microdrive card is always used for videos and the xD for photos? - that would be useful. It would stop me running out of photo space by recording too much video.

If not and you have to switch manually, is the cardselected by some switch or dial on the camera ( easy ) or through a Menu ( more fiddly ). If the latter then it would rather inconvenient to keep switching if taking both photos and videos and trying to keep photos & videos on separate cards.

I have looked at your site which is fascinating - I will have a look in greater detail tonight when I have more time.

Cheers Phil

Phil999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:50 PM   #15

here is a link http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...M288YX9IRV1BY3 I used the other site. You switch between the two cards via the menu so it would take a second to do. I suppose you could use one for video and one for images. I never thought Of doing that before. There isn't a button for it or anything. I generally just use the one compactflash card for everything and don't even remember I have another card in there..lol With a gig card and shooting at 6mp I get over 600 shots with it. If you put it in 12mp mode it goes down to half of that. I think that the 12mp shots are a little soft although I don't really notice it in the prints. I just find I don't eat up as much hard drive space on my computer using it in 6mp mode and they are plenty big enough for any prints and Photoshop work I do. The video files just show up as .avi files and I just drag and drop them onto the desktop. I did just buy a new Nikon D50 and it was because the image quality is just so crystal clear I had to have it. Ive made 20x30s with 6mp images from the Fuji and Ive been pretty happy with them. I wouldn't call myself a professional..lol I run the Photo lab at Cord Camera here in town and I get a lot of inspiration everyday to take better shots. I really like the Fuji and it is the Swiss army knife of cameras meaning it does everything and everything well. Im sure even with the new Nikon ill still go back to using the Fuji for macro shots and video.

Take care, Mark
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:22 PM   #16

Thanks Mark

The movie downloaded fine and it looks fine for indoor use.

Re the card, if one cannot pre-allocate the 2 cards for different uses then I suppose an alternative strategy would be simply to use a 1G CompactFlash for both Photos& Movies and keep say a 128M xD card in reserve for photos for if you fill up the CompactFlash with videos ( like a spare petrol tank in a car ).

Thanks for all your help - decision time soon.

You have some quite intersting photos on your site - I like the fairy-tale one.

Cheers Phil

Phil999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:45 PM   #17

I would rate the S7000 video as "good", when compared to most other cameras out there, with the exception being the Canon S1/S2 models. If video quality is at the top of someone's list I tell them to go to either of those, but if someone wants good video in general and isn't super picky about it the S7000 video is just fine.

DocX -found auctions for Cord Camera on Ebay and a coworker of mine ordered a D70s from them. Very good prices! Wolf/Ritz have dominated the market here (Atlanta) so it's good to see other camera shops thriving in other areas.
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 10:00 PM   #18

Honestly......if you want to shoot video, then buy a video camera. It's not like you can't pick up a cheap DV camera for less than $200 that will shoot circles around the video shot by any digi-cam. Most of the DV cameras these days also shoot stills, but you wouldn't replace your digicam with a DV camera for stills now would you?

Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2005, 12:29 AM   #19

Dear atlantagreg its nice to now that Cord is selling at good competetive prices. I know in the store they will match the price of anyone else (not includeing the internet)