Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 30, 2005, 10:31 PM   #11

Hi monu58, F10 is a fun camera to carry around. It takes great pictures, a little bit of post processing with good software gives you amazing pictures.

I got it a while back and, I really like it. Here are some settings I found useful.

1. Don't use auto ISO ( Unless you are in a hurry and need to take quick pictures ).
2. I usually use "M" mode with exposure setting of "-1/3".
3. ISO 400/800 gives good pictures when using flash.
4. Press teh display button to enable composition grid on the LCD. It is useful for composition.
5. For macro pictures use lower ISOs( upto 200) and use flash.
6. Fuji software that comes Fuji is not that good. So if you free softwares like "Picasa 2.1", there is no need to install any Fuji software. You can access pictures directly from Picasa. And it is nice for quickly fixing pictures.

Thats all for now. Hope it helps.

Hi Coldshot, F10 does get warmer after taking few pictures, but not that bad. And the colors are towards the cooler side( compared to canon).

Thanks.
mail_jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:55 PM   #12

Here are some more experiments with my F10. I am enjoying this little thing.
Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:58 PM   #13

Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:00 PM   #14

Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:02 PM   #15

Attached Images

Old Jan 4, 2006, 11:03 PM   #16

Attached Images

Old Jan 8, 2006, 7:39 AM   #17

Hey there all.

Let me just give you some helpful info on the F10.

Just Get It ! & You'll never miss a Shot!

Now read the rest, Please.

First, if your taking pictures in your house, or at afamily fuction where the lighting is not that bright.(ex. living room)

Setting the ISO to 200 gives me great sharp results every time.( 80 & 100 tend to be underexposed unless your 3 feet away)( and 400 sarts to get to bright with less contrast blah blah blah)

BUT flash recycle times will get longer !

If you leave the camera on auto ISO.( automode still retains your manual ISO setting which I think is ridiclous)

The camera will automatically lower the flash power & raise the ISO to 800 & quicken the shutter speed to 1/100.(most cameras usually default at 1/60)

This will result in a much softer image with much LESS contrast & detail But since the shutter speed is so fast it won't blurry just not as sharp.

However the recycle times will be way quicker.

So basically you cant get really good results if dont change the settingsindoors.

When you go outside the auto ISO works just fine. But inside, you will get ISO 800 everytime.

The camera is about the best your gonna get. BUT you have to be willing to master it.

The lense is excellent, the focus speeds are pretty quick & the shutter response is incredible.

Also the SLOW SYNC flash worksGREAT and will brighten up your backrounds.( something Nikon refers to as D-lighting as a sales pitch on there new cameras )

This will make your pictures look much more natural and less "Flash Like".

But under certain light, will make your pictures a little yellow.

2more things. The battery life is INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE INCREDIBLE !!!! Fuji claims 500 on one charge and thats putting it lightly. So if your concerned about the Lithiom Ion battery Dont Be.

AlsoThe Focus assist lamp will light up a city !!

Your friends and family will become annoyed quickly with this necessary feature because it is Bright to say the least !

That said,with some fine tuning you will get the BEST 6MP pix possible.

AND also use the 6MP F setting because jpeg compression is way to strong otherwise which only matters if your Print bigger than 5x7.

I think the F11 is probably gonna be better because you can change the shutter speed & aperature.

Then you canreally take Full advantage of the high ISO capabilities + it has a higher resolution screen.

So to sum it all up.

I have found you have to be willing to work with this camera and it will give you great results with very natural color.

If you just want to turn a camera on and get GREAT PICS perhaps you should get a CANON A610. Its not as portable and is only 5MP but you can let your 5 yr old take pictures and they will be perfect everytime. Trust me I know.

I have both a 5yr old and a canon a610.

And he gets better pictures from it than I do.

BUT the FUJI will always be with you because it slips right in your pocket.

P.S. the natural light setting is great in churches etc. but again picture will be yellow.

They will fix right up in photoshop or try setting the wB and won't have to !

kingd73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:24 PM   #18

I thought I read that the F10 only takes 3 frames in continous mode. I have not purchased it because I like to take continous until the card is full or at least a lot more than 3 frames. How many shots can you take usingthe continous shooting mode with the F10 and is the F11 different?

Thanks, Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 8:10 PM   #19

Hi Don,

F10 has 3 modes
1. Top 3( It stops after 3 frames)
2. Bottom 3 ( It can take upto 40 frames but records only last 3)
3. Continuous( Takes upto 40 frames and records all of them.. but it is a bit slower).

So if 40 frames is enough for your purpose, i feel it is a good bargain for a point & shoot camera.

Thanks,
pjr
Old Jan 23, 2006, 8:20 AM   #20

Thanks PJR. I'll read the specks again. How much slower is it. I use my Pana FZ15 at outside sports events and get 2 fps in Continious until the card is full. Get some really great action shots that I would not see if just taking pictures one at a time.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote