Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 18, 2005, 2:00 PM   #11

You have'nt the right Mr. JimC

When I tried inastall my camera I found:

"The full version (95 MB) can be found on the CD that comes with your FinePix camera".

I paid it MR. Jim and I have the right to get it.
Am I right Mr. JimC?

I never got disc Mr. JimC.
Velebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 4:51 PM   #12
Administrator

Yes, you should have received the CD and software with the camera. But, complaining about it on forums is not going to help anything.

I'd complain to the retailer. If they won't do anything about it, then escalate (try their regional or corporate offices).

What did Fuji tell you? They may not have extra copies available unless you want to download the software from their web site.

Personally, I don't see what the big problem is. Heck, I've never even loaded the software that came with my last 6 or 7 digital cameras. In fact, I recently got a Konica Minolta 5D. I've never even looked at the software that came with it.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 5:53 PM   #13

without being rude....

Have you plugged the camera into ANOTHER computer? does this work..
ie.. is your computer at fault? Most of these usb connection errors turn out to be computer software issues.

Xp does NOT need any extra drivers and will load the camera as an external hard drive.

Also trust me.. as a retail manager.. if u storm into a shop and give staff abuse or any negative vibes.. your not gonna get the good service you want.. mostly because staff can take it personally that you are blaming an item they sold you.

Some retail staff get "attached" to their stock and so will automatically become defensive if someone "blames" the item..
The best course of action is start ASKING people if they've heard of the issue and if they know of a fix...
"Complaining" does not get you best results in life.... if someone complained about you or your work to you at work.. would you want to go out of your way to help them later?

Good luck finding a fix... if its a computer error.. try a computing forum.. otherwise i'd return to the shop and calmly explain the story and ask them how they can help you.
ceecrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:02 PM   #14

You know, but I don't know Mr. Jim.
I told You.
I am only an user. Not an expert.
If I demand original software directly by FujiFilm,
they have the obligation to give me it.
The Future Shop is a representive of The FujiFilm if I buy
a camera FujiFilm by The Future Shop.
When I speak with The Future Shop, I speak with
The FujiFilm.
Am I a right Mr. Jim?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:08 PM   #15

Technically no your not...

again.. i'm a retail manager ;-)

The shop are SALES persons on behalf of fuji..
The shop is not liable for any faults that happen to a fuji device they sell.. fuji are... however most shops will act as the "customer services" dept and as an act of good will aid you (the customer) in resolving the situation... be it returning a faulty item for repair or getting a software cd (WHICH CAN BE DOWNLOADED)

ceecrb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:09 PM   #16
Super Moderator

i hate these threads starting with "don't buy brand X"

seriously.. you have 1 bad experience and thus everyone else should avoid the brand.. how about the 100,000 people that had good experiences, should they then all start a thread saying "everyone buy brand X"

gets old, serves no purpose..

sorry for your experience.. better luck next time
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 6:14 PM   #17

Velebit wrote:
Quote:
You know, but I don't know Mr. Jim.
I told You.
I am only an user. Not an expert.
If I demand original software directly by FujiFilm,
they have the obligation to give me it.
The Future Shop is a representive of The FujiFilm if I buy
a camera FujiFilm by The Future Shop.
When I speak with The Future Shop, I speak with
The FujiFilm.
Am I a right Mr. Jim?

While the shop may be (or not) an authorized re-seller of Fuji products, they are not part of Fuji. And while I think that Fuji would want to resolve your issues for you, the responsibility for resolving your issues should fall squarely on the sholders of the retail shop, they sold you a product that was not complete, Fuji did not sell it to you. And if your issues are not resolved quickly by the shop, I would certainly never do business with them again. Andas I said in my earlier reply, yesyou should have gotten the manual and the software with the cam, but in my eyes the software is a non-issue as it is virtually worthless and not needed to make your camera function properly.

Clyde

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 9:33 AM   #18

I wonder if the dealer is really a Fuji authorized distributor. If your camera package was incomplete that is an indicator to me that you are not getting a standard package from Fuji. And if your dealer isn't providing you with proper support something else is wrong.

You need to clarify what isn't working with your camera. Will it take pictures? Do you know how to insert a card into the camera? Can you look at pictures that you have taken?

As far as software is concerned, there really is an anything that you actually must have in order to download pictures to your computer. Digital photography requires some minimal understanding of computers, such as how to transfer files from one source to another. If you know how to do this, you can purchase a simple, inexpensive card reader. All you have to do is remove the card from the camera, insert it into the card reader, and transfer of the files to your computer. If you don't know how to do that, then you would be well advised to go to a community college and take a course in computer literacy.

Digital photography is a little more involved than film photography in that usually there is a computer involved in transferring the files. However, if that is where the problem lies, then you can simply take the card to a one-hour photo lab and have them print your pictures for you.

But when you say you can use the camera, what do you REALLY mean?
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 5:33 PM   #19

Yes, yes

If I demand something from the retailer, and the producer, but I don't get it, it is the big mistake, but not mine.

Nobody opens an original package in a store, than at the home.
If I found that the package is not original, and I complained in the store,
I done everything what I needed.
After that only an obligation the retailer has, anf the producer.
Old Nov 20, 2005, 9:53 PM   #20

I guess the next question is why not have the store that sent it in for repair for you to check the status and demand they tell you what's going on?

By the way, you're complaining about a manual not being in English - from the posts I'm assuming English is not your first language. Why an English language book then?
atlantagreg is offline   Reply With Quote