Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 17, 2005, 6:22 PM   #1

In March 2005 I bought The camera FujiFilm - "FinePix F610".
When I tried to use this camera, I found that I did not get the original software and
the manual in English.
I got a software for another FujiFilm camera, but not for the camera what I bought.
The software, what I have received, did not work properly.

I am not an expert for the cameras, than only an user, and I can not "to dig" in a computer and to search "FujiFilm site".

I went (6 times) in the retail store - "Future shop" in Ancaster, Ontario, and I complained that I can not use the camera without original devices.
The salesman have gave me the copy disc, but never the manual in English.

When I tried to install a program, I found that this program is for "Real player", but not for my camera.

I went in another Future shop store in Hamilton, Ontario, where the people in the store found that and my camera does not work properly.
They sent my camera in The Service FujiFilm in Mississauga, Ontario.
After almost two monthes I got beck my camera.

Meanwhile, I never get the software and the manual in English.

I tried to install my camera again, but no the success.

I have sent 8 letters to FujiFilm in Mississauga, Ontario, but without any success.

I lost 9 months varanty.

And in the end I paid the camera about $ 400,00 and to today I cannot use it.
The people in FujiFilm in Mississauga, Ontario laughes and makes me crazy.

Velebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:02 PM   #2

I dont know if this will help or not but if your running windows XP you should be able to just plug the camera in the computer via usb cable and it should see your camera to get the pics off. Also a card reader would work. Generaly the software bundled for point and shoot cameras isnt all that great unless your getting Photoshop elements or something like that with it. You might be able to d load the user manual off of there website in pdf form? That sucks your haveing problems but there might be things you can do to at least still have fun with your camera.

Good luck, Mark
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:33 PM   #3

Mark

My computer is running "Windows XP' but I cannot use my camera with or withot
the program what I have.

Something is wrong in the camera.
I demanded another camera from FujiFilm program, but to today no the success.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 8:39 PM   #4

Oh..Thats a shame, I hope they end up doing the right thing and helping you out and making you happy you went with Fuji.
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2005, 9:48 PM   #5

I do not think so.
A have got an email end nobody can it understand.
After 9 months nothing is changed.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 7:18 AM   #6

First off, you are in the wrong forum. This forum is for the dSLR's (S1, S2 and S3 cameras).

Second, you may be mistaking the problems you are having with the problems caused by your retailer. Fuji is as good as any other digital camera manufacturer, but that is not to say, that you did not get a defective camera. It does indeed happen.

I would first, go to the store you purchased the camera and try to get them to rectify the situitation. Failing that, I would contact Fuji Canada and explain your problem and try to get them to rectify the problem. But be proactive. ie: telephone them and talk to a real person. Not by elail, that is too easy to ignore.

Declan
amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 9:48 AM   #7
Administrator

What is the problem with your camera (specifically)?

Is it that you don't have the software that came with it? You really don't need it to use the camera (and lack of software seems to be what you are implying is wrong).

I noticed you posted this same info in forums on other web sites, too.

So, I'll give you the same answer someone else gave you on another web site. The problem is likely your retailer (not giving you what should have been included), not the manufacturer.

Read the reviews about this vendor here:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1761-p1-s1-d1.html

Quote:
I do not think so.
A have got an email end nobody can it understand.
What did it say?

You can download manuals and software here:

Fujifilm Canada F610 Download Page

or here:

Fujifilm UK F610 Download Page

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 10:09 AM   #8
Administrator

What do you mean by you can't use the camera? Does it take photos? Can you see them on the Camera's LCD when you play them back?

As others have already mentioned, XP doesn't require any special software to download photos from your camera. It should show up as a removable drive under "My Computer" when plugged in.

If the camera is not being recognized by XP, it's far more likely that the problem is with XP, not the camera. You could try to find someone to help you troubleshoot it if you're not familiar with Windows drivers.

It's not uncommon for Windows XP to have USB related problems (especially after an update to Service Pack 2). Sometimes, you have to remove all USB related devices and drivers, then let Windows reinstall them to get all USB devices working.

The easier solution is to buy a card reader (about $20).

Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:29 AM   #9

amazingthailand wrote:
Quote:
First off, you are in the wrong forum. This forum is for the dSLR's (S1, S2 and S3 cameras).

Declan

Sorry, but this is the correct forum. Otherwise your answers were right on target and I agree that this sounds more like a problem with the retailer. At this point I would even question whether or not the camera was new or a defective return resold by the retailer. He should get a manual, it is the retailer's responsibility to provide one, the software is in my view a non-issue (even though it should be provided) as most Windows computers will download the cam with no problem and the editing ability of the Fuji software is pretty much worthless.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2005, 11:34 AM   #10
Administrator

Clyde Atkinson wrote:
Quote:
Sorry, but this is the correct forum.
We moved the thread to the correct forum.