Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 19, 2005, 8:07 AM   #1

So be gentle...

Taken this morning in my back garden with my new Fuji S9500 that I bought a couple of weeks ago.

I've just been trying to get used to taking pics in full manual mode, so I set everything up myself. So any advice, tips will be most welcome.

One

Two

Three

Four

Five
Jake the Mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:36 AM   #2

I can't give you any tips, since I haven't gotten this camera yet, but your photos (along with others posted on this board) have certainly convinced me that this is the camera if for me. Thanks very much for posting them - I especially like the second one.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:41 PM   #3

Jake,

Your pictures came out good, I like #1 and #2.

I also had the camera for a few weeks, all my shots are strictly in M mode. The multiple exposure is a money making feature of this camera, I triedit at a birthday party today, everybody loves the pictures, they ordered some enlargements too. It is much easier than to do with film camera where you don't see what you're doing. Here is the trick:

Set the camera in Multi Exposure on, use your left hand or a small piece of paper to cover half of the lens and shoot, hit next, cover the lens again on the other half side and take the shot, then hit rec, that's it. One shot zoom in and one shot zoom out look best. Show off the pictures on the lcd to everybody around you, you see their reaction, ooh!.... ah.... that's neat, I want one, me too with my cat, my bird..., some ask "what camera do you use?".....The trouble starts right here, expect that you will be invited to every future party and it is not easy to say no.:-)

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2005, 7:30 AM   #4

Thanks for the tip Coldshot, will have to give that a try...:-)

@ mtngal

You won't be disappointed if you do get this camera. As I'm just getting into photography I feel the S9550 has helped me along already. I have though spent ages reading through this forum and many others picking up tips & tricks to also help me along.

Thanks guys.

Jake the Mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 1:10 AM   #5

Jake the Mus wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the tip Coldshot, will have to give that a try...:-)

@ mtngal

You won't be disappointed if you do get this camera. As I'm just getting into photography I feel the S9550 has helped me along already. I have though spent ages reading through this forum and many others picking up tips & tricks to also help me along.

Thanks guys.

You won't be disappointed IF you get a good one, I'm now on my 3rd S9500 and it will be getting returned tomorrow, this time for a refund. In my eyes three cameras with the same fault is pathetic.

Cheers, Jeff.

Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2005, 12:43 PM   #6

Hi Safari,

Sorry to hear that you have been having problems too. I'm waiting for my replacement tomorrow. I'm hoping it doesn't turn out like your experiences although I have this feeling . . .

What were the problems you had with the cameras specifically. Serial numbers?

According to Fuji no one has even reported a single fault with the S9500, they are all fault free and working perfectly fine.

Now that's as true as I am sitting here with Syd having a nice cup of tea!!
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 5:39 AM   #7

My first two, I can't remember the serials but I think one was 53Q.. andanother 54G..., I have now got myfourth one and it is a 53L.. all good. Seems to be the 53L series are having no problems.

Cheers, Jeff.

Safari is offline   Reply With Quote