Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 22, 2005, 11:51 PM   #1

hello everyone. i have been a happy s7000 user for the last couple years now. i always download my pics to my comp via usb and windows camera wizard without problem.i have been unsuccessful recently getting my pics into the computer. for some reason windows can no longer find the camera driver. i went to fuji and downloaded the files again but still no luck. i'm a bit confused. i tried downloading on several computers to no avail. i would appreciate any input. thanks.
lodingi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2005, 12:57 AM   #2

My advice would be for you to get an inexpensive card reader. All you have to do is plug it into one of your USB ports. Then, you just to remove the card from your camera and plug it into the card reader. You don't need to install any drivers. It is a very simple process. Other benefits include the fact that you aren't draining power from your camera batteries during the download process.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2005, 1:19 PM   #3

ahhh. excellent idea. i have a card reader. forgot all about it. thanks. i do wonder if the camera is broken however. i do have the 3 year replacement warranty from best buy. i might be able to get a new camera.
Old Nov 23, 2005, 4:06 PM   #4

Sorry, I really don't know what else to suggest. I have only downloaded from my 5100 and a couple of times. I just think it's easier to use the card reader. Sounds like something might be a little off with your camera, though, since you have tried to download on several different computers. I hope you find the solution.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 4:15 PM   #5

in the menu options make sure 'USB MODE' is set to the "double arrow" and not to "memory card"
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2005, 7:09 PM   #6

you are exactly right. works perfectly now. thanks for your help.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:50 AM   #7

glad to be of help

get a card reader anyway, much faster and simpler
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote