Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 12, 2005, 3:55 PM   #31

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
OK...you two are 100% right, so many S9000/9500 leave the factory defective?

Did I say so? I only suggested one should take users and their respective problems seriously.

Quote:
It's really for me something that can't be comprehend, with "today's" automatising, or Fuji...produce so many S9000/9500 that "Quality" final control or do not exist, or exist "Only" among a few of them...how you two can explain such quantity of defective cameras?
Murphy's law. Cars have production errors and get recalled. Software crashes and is updated. Nuclear reactors have meltdowns. Bridges collapse. Spaceshuttles explode. Cameras have bugs which get fixed.

peace, nymano.

nymano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2005, 2:44 PM   #32

I had sharpness and focusing problems with my 9500. I took some sample shots and returned it to Jessops and the manager agreed with me that there was a problem.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I have received a replacement camera, which was tested in the shop before I took it home. The new camera is a joy to use taking sharp pictures with loads of "pop".

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I have also noticed that the focus is a lot quicker the other cameraused to struggle to gain focus.And Isee is the firmwarehas been updated tov1.02 the old one was v1.01.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Serial number is 53Q55801

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
joker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2005, 12:07 AM   #33

Hi Joker999!

The new 1.02 firmware has nothing to do with your better results with your replaced camera...plainly/obviously is a good one!

The new firmware refers...to a bigger capacity Microdrive card!

I decided to leave the 1,01 firmware in my camera.

Looking forward; BTW... I decided to purchase this week a Minolta Maxxum 5D Kit for be able to use my other 4 Minolta fitting out film body (Maxxum 9xi) lenses a Tokina zoom, two Sigmas zooms,& two originally Minolta one zoom & a 100mm Macro lenses.

So...my lovely S9500 will be for exterior photos, where will NOT be needed to change lenses!

Greetings,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:05 PM   #34

I own a Fuji s9500 and I'm disapointed. However, I'm not sure if it is faulty or this is just the way it is.

I have attached a picture (resized, orginaly was 5M). All sharpness, saturation and contrast are default (medium).

SN 54Q02458, bought from UK in february 2006. Please advise...

Pictures seems out of focus and blury, also there is to much noise... compare to let say Canon a95 (another camera that i have played with). Even if i set sharpness, saturation and contrast to highest level pictures still look blury...

Attached Images

kjclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 4:16 PM   #35

Hi Kjclm!

Did you read very well the Instructions? Or did you add a filter...that maybe impair the quality of the Fuji superb zoom lens?

As mine works well & produce lovely sharp pictures!

Try to change settings on the menu...I'm 100% sure that will improve your results.

Inform us your results...please!

Old Apr 5, 2006, 5:33 PM   #36

I have given up with the S9500 now. I have found the S9500 slow, AF is rubbish, manual focusing is very poor and the noise above ISO 200 is very high. In fact ISO 800 and above is unusable.

So I have sold it and bought a Canon 20D. The difference is like driving a mini or a Rolls Royce! The 20D being the Rolls Royce of course.
joker999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 6:08 PM   #37

Hi, 53Q53035 very happy.
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:02 PM   #38

Hi Joker999!

As I since 20 years ago I own a Minolta SLR (Today a Maxxum 9xi), + 5 lenses with Minolta "A" mount, I acquired first a Dynax 5D and after two months I acquired the "Pro" one Dynax 7D...so I'm planing to sell my Panasonic FZ-20 + my Fuji S-9500...I agree...that DSLR is much better that any "Non" interchangeable lenses digital camera.

BTW...last week I sold the KM Dynax 5D body...maintaining only the "Kit" lens for the 7D.

You do the most cute think...Bravo!!!.

Old Apr 6, 2006, 4:48 AM   #39

I have read the instructions. I did not used a filter, just default settings. Now I'm using it with sharpness, stauration set to hard. Sometimes I set contrast to high depending on the situation... This impoved somehow the quality, but I have pictures made in a sunny day that still looks blury. And it seems that there are too much chromatic aberations... I did not use automatic mode, only P or A mode (Aperture priority), iso 80 almost always.

I was disapointed beacuse I expected to have sharper pictures thenones made with Canon A95. But that was not the case. 5M pictures are looking better with a95. 1:1 and even the overal feeling is that a95 does a lot better. I agree, the fuji lens are great...

kjclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:21 AM   #40

Hi KJCLM, just an obvious one - are you resizing the images to the resolution of your screen before viewing them?
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote