Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:27 AM   #41

I'm resing for viewwing them but when I want to see what is the actual quality of the picture I leave it at "Actual size", meaning scale 1:1. Pitcures resized on the size of my screen look a little blury (most of them). When I leave them at actual size.. it seems to be too much noise and chormatic abetarion. I studied pictures form A95 at actual size and it seems that a95 does better. Undersand that fuji put too many pizels in too less space and this increase noise, but it seems too blury.
kjclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:31 AM   #42

Hi Kjclm!

Seriously, I cant understand really what happen???

With Iso 80, if you close the diafragm to much...the speed is low, & if you use medium-long focal lens settings...can be that you hands shake...making the hypothesis of getting "Un-sharp" photos.
Also..if you take "Contrejuer" photos the sun can enter to the lens adding some kind of "Flare"...also looking as an "Un-sharp" picture.
Can be another possibleness of a "Dirty" front element...looking similarly as above.
Finally, I use the "Photo organizer" Picasa 2.1, a FREE download from Goggle, transfer to there all my photos, "Pro-working on" them + sharpening them & copy to a Cd...with the Cd I go to our locally "Mini-Lab"...which during 15 minutes I wake back to my home with all the 4x6" photos...lovely ones!

Again I can't recommend you another possibility, it's conceivable that your "Specific' camera is wrong...I read that a few Fuji S-9000/9500 leave the factory faulty .

Test again if it's allow using a tripod...for be 100% sure that "Your hands"...don't cause the problem.

Good luck,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:39 AM   #43

I hope you are right. I was hoping that I'm doing something wrong. I have pictures that looks ok, but the percentage of the pictures that I think they are ok from the ones that are'nt is about 20-30%... Maybe I shoud post a picture that I think is ok...
Attached Images

Old Apr 6, 2006, 5:49 AM   #44

Yes...now seem me OK!

Whatever..., check yourself or the front lens...if get dusty!

Also...use a tripod...so after that you will be 100% sure if it's your fault or the camera.

Good luck,

Old Apr 9, 2006, 12:50 PM   #45

I did a few more tests with my S9500. Definitly not a point and shot. For everyone that is disapointed by this camera, before starting to hate it, try the following:

- set sharpness, saturation to high, constrast to hard: pictures will look a lot better on a PC monitor then before. Do not keep contrast set to hard all the time, decide depeding on the situation; otherwise you might get in trouble.

- forget that there anything else then 9F (9 megapixels Fine) setting. Anything else looks worse, even the colors are not the same. I'm not sure what's hapening or maybe is just me, but picture made with 9F settings looks a lot better then the 5M ones. I'm not talking about the number of pixels, I'm talking about the overal felling colors, sharpness, quality of details etc. If you worry about the size, buy a 2M CF.

- sometimes in sunny days the camera tends to overexpose the pictures. Use exposure compensation.

- lens are getting dirty very easy.

However, it is not a SLR. Meaning too much noise and chromatic aberations. I have read a lot of reviewes and I compared online photos with my own. I think mine is not faulty. I was disapointed because:

- I was used with a point and shoot and S9500 it is'nt; you have to take important decissions before taking a picture and you have manny ways to make a mistake

- I expected too much picture quality and this is not a DSLR. Is better then what ever put my hands on and for me is ok, at least for now. In a year or to I will jump to DSLR but I have much to learn till I do that.
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:03 PM   #46

Hi Klcjm!

I'm very happy for you...now that you commenced to enjoy this camera, BTW...I decided to sell it, as already I acquired a KM Dynax (Maxxum) 7D DSLR...owning 6 lenses from my lovely Maxxum 9xi film body.

DSLR really is another history!

Good luck, & enjoy!

Cheers,

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:04 AM   #47

Top right is out of focus very badly, I have tested it with the camera the right way round and upside down to compare.

Link to samples: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...waycropped.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...owncropped.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...yupcropped.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...waycropped.jpg

Serial number 53Q14887
cloud surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:48 PM   #48

Have today received replacement camera, have tested and it seems even all over, need to do more testing before I accept the camera. Ray
rpj-bexhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2006, 3:58 PM   #49

Hi Cloud Surfer!

I saw all your "Extreme Corner" photos...among us...can't recall what really you are looking...?

If you will stop down per example...F:11...and checking again, I'm 100% sure that now such "Extreme Corners" photos will be better.

Third...I never take in account "Extreme Corners"...the middle of the photo MUST be 100% sharp. Try again now using a tripod...maybe you shake the camera when you press the shutter, stop down till F:11...and inform us your results!

Good Luck,

Old Apr 28, 2006, 1:36 PM   #50

Those shots i took were on 10 second timer with the camera resting on a surface that wastotally steady and totally still, you can see very clearly that the upside down shots are much clearer, the softness isn't just in the corner too, the entire right side of each shot appears blurred and when i use a smaller aperture each shot becomes really hazy and unfocused generally.
cloud surfer is offline   Reply With Quote