Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 28, 2006, 1:10 PM   #51

Ok, here are some 100% crops using the equivalent of a tripod, the camera was 100% totally still when these were taken.

800 of a sec at f2.8 taken the right way up (top right corner)

800 of a sec at f2.8 taken upside down (bottom left corner)

50 of a sec at f11 taken right way up (top right corner)

50 of a sec at f11 taken upside down (bottom left corner)
cloud surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 1:31 PM   #52

Hello Cloud Surfer!

Thank you for post your photos...seems me that your specific camera is NOT 100% good regarding sharpness/acuteness. Try to change it, or if it's not possible to repair such defect.

BTW...last week I sold mine, as I decided to improve acquiring a DSLR a KM Dynax 7D. Owning 6 Minolta lenses from my film body Minolta Maxxum (Dynax) 9xi...all my film lenses are 100% suitable for my newer digital body.

I wish you good results, with your ex-changed/repaired Fuji S-9500.

Cheers,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 2:06 PM   #53

rpj-bexhill wrote:
Quote:
Have today received replacement camera, have tested and it seems even all over, need to do more testing before I accept the camera. Ray

Have now had camera a week and this one seems fine, I am going to send the output from both cameras to Fuji to see if I can get a comment!!!!

Ray
rpj-bexhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 3:54 AM   #54

S1L00490 9500 Faulty

Just packaged to return for faulty Command Dial - overall have liked it so far but thought all the problems were with others cams, not mine.
yuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2006, 11:13 AM   #55

I just discovered that my S9500 has a dead pixel. Meaning all my phots have a bright white spot near to the uper right corner. Anyone knows ifFuji waranty covers this defect ?

I have purchaised the camera fromPhotoOptix UK.
kjclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2006, 1:00 PM   #56

61L00569

s9500

very bad, the command dial just broke, i donĀ“t know if its serial number have someting in this design enginnering problem, but the image is fine, im so sorry, its a fine camera, i take good pictures and just broke.

olafo_hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 3:55 AM   #57

53Q04467 Bad
Has intermittent focus problem. Hunts for long period then doesn't always come up with the correct answer. Returned to Fuji who state 'no fault found'. The MF just makes no sense to me whatsoever, the focus ring rarely gives an acceptable result & only rarely shows any yellow arrows or suchlike, however if I press the one touch AF button I get good result especially when used with the Focus check button. One other thing on page 69 regarding moving the focusing position. If I press the AF button along with the up arrow key then it zooms close in on the subject instantly, the other arrow keys have no effect, it certainly does nothing to change the focusing position (not as I want to, I am just trying to understand how things work)
Incidentally I have been using a S7000 for the last couple of years & can not think of a problem that I could tell you about.
Please forgive me if I have put this in the wrong place or rambled on to much but its my first day here. I am learning a lot from all you experienced people---thanks

NigFos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 10:43 AM   #58

Hi NigFos!

I sold mine...two weeks ago...today only DSLR..., a KM Dynax 7D, as I already from my Minolta Maxxum 9xi body own 6 lenses.

Good Luck...BTW...Mine was 100% perfect!

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 7:35 PM   #59

My S9500 is with Fujifilm in Sydney. They are quoting 4-6 weeks turn around and state that they have not had a Command Dial problem before (nor appeared to have heard of problems with it). Probably they should use google and see what's on the net.
yuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2006, 5:52 PM   #60

They are lying.
I got my camera back from them about a week ago. I had the same command dial problem and a lens problem ( the right side was slightly out of focus as compared to left side)

Parts replaced were Lens assembly and the assy. case top and the camera was recalibrated.

The work took 6 weeks.
The camera is working fine now.

yuli wrote:
Quote:
My S9500 is with Fujifilm in Sydney. They are quoting 4-6 weeks turn around and state that they have not had a Command Dial problem before (nor appeared to have heard of problems with it). Probably they should use google and see what's on the net.
Edster77 is offline   Reply With Quote