Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 21, 2006, 7:01 AM   #71

My dear Floris!

OK...looks better choice...BUT...as is a replacement of my KM Dynax 7D, (Not 100%, exactly to the cheaper Dynax 5D one), wait till will be some reviews + wait a few months till will go cheaper or improved with a new "Firmware". Seems me again that you will be 500% more happier with the Sony...that now with the Fuji, shorter zoom range...but is OK...among us...really don't need a longer one + the best an a "Anti-Shake" body...so each lens that you select will have such lovely & very efective feature...as my Dynax 7D one!

Best wishes,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 7:58 AM   #72

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
My dear Floris!

OK...looks better choice...BUT...as is a replacement of my KM Dynax 7D, (Not 100%, exactly to the cheaper Dynax 5D one), wait till will be some reviews + wait a few months till will go cheaper or improved with a new "Firmware". Seems me again that you will be 500% more happier with the Sony...that now with the Fuji, shorter zoom range...but is OK...among us...really don't need a longer one + the best an a "Anti-Shake" body...so each lens that you select will have such lovely & very efective feature...as my Dynax 7D one!

Best wishes,

Quote:

Thank's for yourinformation. Is my intention wait until the end of the year so i canwait the new zoom 16-80 Zeiss, that i like better than the sony zoom of the kit

floris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 8:21 AM   #73

Dear Floris!

100% I agreed

I'm thinking also to buy the same lens...taking in mind that will be more expensive as the name Zeiss up the price much highly!

My best wishes, always!:ak47:

Cheers,

Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2006, 8:08 AM   #74

My Serial on the S9500 is 61Q11472
stranger51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 8:12 AM   #75

53Q53740 9500 Good
walespete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 5:31 AM   #76

61Q11472 9500
stranger51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 5:23 AM   #77

Hi kjclm

Your building picture does look a bit soft and flat.

When I first got my S9500 I was horrified! Burnt out highlights, over exposure, too much contrast,and soft pictures.

After a bit of thought, I put my 35 years of photography experience to good use.

I set the exposure compensation to minus two thirds (I have done this with every digital camera I have owned) which prevents blown highlights. The shadows can be rescued on the computer.

But what I found makes a huge difference, is to set the camera to Low Contrast. I took some pictures of sunlit snow against dark rocks, and held detail in both. The tonal range was better than slide film!

I now use the camera at all times on Low contrast. I set exposure compensation to minustwo thirds for scenes without sunlight, and minusone stopfor sunny pictures. The camera can cope with anything using these settings.

The images end up slightly flat, but a tweak in an image editor restores the contrast WITHOUT losing any of the highlight or shadow detail that the Low Contrast setting produced. Exposure can be accurately guaged using the LCD viewfinder, something you cannot do on a digital SLR (screen shades don't work!).

As for the softness, set the sharpness to hard. The improvement is huge, with negligable image degredation. At ISO 100, my camera will out perform a Canon EOS 350D with these settings!

walespete
walespete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 5:37 AM   #78

54Q276xx 9500 Good

But hot pixels appeared when exposure for 30sec. Is this proplem fixable?

Attached Images

*Digiabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2006, 4:43 AM   #79

53L51977 faulty S9500 firmware 1.02

command dial and power switch
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 6:08 AM   #80

61Q17051 9500 Netherlands.. Seems good so far, although I find the results kind of unsharpor a lot of grainat 100% display. But I really need some time to tweak the settings and start using it's manual controls and a tri-pod.
skid9500 is offline   Reply With Quote