Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:47 PM   #81

54Q04946 UK 9500 Faulty? Rubbish
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 2:51 PM   #82

Hi

I read all of these posts and my 9500 seems to be suffering the same faults, blury, very noisy poor quality images. I returned the unit to fuji and they sent it back stating no fault found. They said I would have to post process every image, not likely, I have a S5000 that produces much better images I've never had to post process a single image from that camera other than maybe auto levels and a little extra gamma.

I think the 9500 is rubbish

Toad

Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:07 PM   #83

Dear Toad,

Among us...REALLY you read the Owner's manual extremely well?

Once I own this model...& mine was 100% OK!!!!

Was changed by a KM Minolta 7D DSLR!:idea:
My film camera body brand + 6 lenses

Please.check it again, AFTER...that you read the manual well & use lowest ASA...NOT AUTO ASA settings + for more precise test...on a sturdy tripod.

Good luck!:blah:

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 1:54 AM   #84

Hi Alex

I did read the manual and I have tried low ISO speeds, 80 is the rock bottom and it is better on this speed. I'm just annoyed that the camera is sold as being able to produce full resolution images upto 1600 ISO and this is complete lies. The images over 200 ISO are so noisy its not worth using. I have also conducted the same tests on a tripod and with various different aperture settings. I accept that with a degree of tuning a reasonable shot can be obtained but I still think my 5000 is much better all round.

I feel cheated, if this camera is in fact working properly then I think its very dishonist marketing to add useless features and use them as selling points.

Won't be buying another Fuji in a hurry.....

Toad

Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:12 AM   #85

My dear Toad,

Honestly...I ALWAYS...post process trough the free Photo Organizer software from Goggle named Picasa2.2...till today ALL my digitally photos & ONLY...ONLY...after so...I mail it, & extremely rarely; I print photos, maximum till today 15x21cm size.

Again mine was a good one!

It's time my dear Toad, go further to a DSLR...the results will be 500% much better...!

Try there in UK to obtain a KM 5D/Kit one...must be very cheap, now as it's NO more fabricated...Sony Alpha is the replacement.

My best wishes,

Truly,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2006, 5:33 AM   #86

I own a s9500 and use it and a s7000 for project photography and have over 3,000 shots on one project alone with the 9500.
I print high quality A4 noise free photographs straight from the camera with the printer set to 2880 dpi. I resize the photograph to the final size at 473 dpi before printing...that's all. The quality is superb and originals (9mp F setting) are certainly good enough to produce large exhibition prints. RAW are even better.
There is less chromatic abberation (M/G fringing) with the 9500 but if it requires treating then there are some good freebie plugins for CS and Photoshop that work well.
Software is Adobe CS and printer is Epson 680.
There is no quality issue with the 9000/9500 cameras but as had been said many times in several forums here and at dpreview.com there is a learning curve, and it's steep!
Correct use of the live histogram coupled with a quick check for correct exposure in replay mode (the camera has a nifty over exposure indication) will ensure low noise images of excellent tonal range.
I was lucky enough to do my photo theory years ago in the days of wet photography and with 55 years behind the lens, many of them in the industry, think I have cracked it at last!
Persevere. It's not the camera.
Regards,
David

dgosden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:48 PM   #87

Sorry guys and girls to interrupt, dgosden is right but it's the wrong thread to discuss problems ... keep it simpel, here it's the camera's serial numbers numbers and if they have a defect, as mine did ... the command dial.
belgian pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2006, 6:19 AM   #88

SN 54A02521 - Command dial broken after fewer than 2000 shots, mostly in manual mode.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:26 PM   #89

61Q59330 bought via pixmania uk however its a french market camera...and after amonth seems ok....

cheers

harry

henryhtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2006, 5:17 AM   #90

s9000 #61A00695 Faulty -- Command dial failed after 3 weeks. Lovely camera otherwise, glorious results… Fuji did quick turnaround on repair, but I haven't used it much since as I'm fixated on my new F30.
Paul Herzoff is offline   Reply With Quote