Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 26, 2005, 7:35 AM   #1

Hi lovely S9500/9000 users & owners, I want to learn the really benifits changing the default 30 fps among 60 fps EVF or LCD mode, using ONLY; the photography mode, + the playback mode, as NEVER I intend to make movies with my camera.

Thank you to all of you; in advance for your input or reply.

Truly,

Alex 007:|
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 26, 2005, 9:31 AM   #2

As far as I can see, this feature is only referenced in the "Setup" section of the manual (p. 100). From my reading, it is my understanding that this setting refers to the refresh rate of the EV or LCD on the camera. The faster refresh rate will make for smoother movements when you are trying to frame your pictures. It doesn't seem to be related to the movie mode of the camera. 30 fps is pretty much the standard frame rate for video, and I don't think that rate can be changed on the camera.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 11:36 AM   #3

Hi Jephess!

Yes I check it, and on page 100 says nothing that I can comprehend, only I read somewhere..that 60 fps "drain" batteries faster, in a future i will check very carefully if I notice some improvements...I will post again my results!

Thank you so much for your post!

Cheers,

Old Nov 26, 2005, 10:36 PM   #4

If you are hoping to see some improvement in your movies, or in your still images, by using the 60 fps setting, you will be wasting your time. That setting is not for impacting the quality of your movies or your still images. It simply controls how fast the EV or LCD refreshes as you point your camera at different subjects. You will notice that when you are using the slower setting movement can be a little choppy, and the faster setting will allow you to view a more smooth movement in the viewfinders as you point the camera at different subjects. That is all that setting is for.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 1:34 AM   #5

Dear Jphess!

Mt heart fully thanks for your explanation! I will keep going using the default setting 30 fps, drain less the batteries...as I use the LCD near 80% to look my taking photos...so refreshen speed it's NO relevant for me!

Thank you again!

Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:09 AM   #6

Alex 007 wrote:
Quote:
Mt heart fully thanks for your explanation! I will keep going using the default setting 30 fps, drain less the batteries...as I use the LCD near 80% to look my taking photos...so refreshen speed it's NO relevant for me!
Ummm. The refresh speed determines how smooth/responsive your EVFand LCD display the live image while shooting. Therefore, if you choose to frame using the EVF or LCD then the refresh speed IS relevant. No?

cheers, nymano.
nymano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2005, 6:17 AM   #7

Hi Nymano!

Always instructing....OK...,I will check more deep the two positions...;I will post my sole results!

Thank you very much again!

Old Nov 27, 2005, 3:55 PM   #8

Something to note on the 60fps setting - the pop-up focus tool doesn't work.

I use this quite a lot, and really don't see any benefit of the 60fps setting - it drains the batteries when in use.

Mat.

New pics on http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewgailes
matg28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:19 AM   #9

I actually use the 60 FPS setting ALL THE TIME, it makes the EVF look much more like a real optical viewfinder, it is really noticeable when photographing a moving subject, much more lifelike! Just my 2 cents

http://davidfriend.smugmug.com
newdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote