Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 29, 2005, 8:58 AM   #1

I have a Fuji finepix 602, my first digital camera, after using film SLRs for years. I've checked out the camera spec & apparently it won't take filters. Does anyone know if there any third party manufacturers that make adaptors for this camera that would enable me to use filters?

Many thanks
Nicola
vangogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 29, 2005, 9:35 AM   #2

Hi Nicola,

Your S602 takes a 55mm x 55mm adapter tube just as my S7000 does. They are available from many sources including Fuji. An inexpensive adapter tube for your camera is available from www.camerafilters.com and they also carry a good selection of filters, reasonable prices and good service. I keep an adapter tube and a Hoya UV filter on my cam at all times to protect the lens mechanism, I do take the UV filter off when I'm using the tcon-17 teleconverter lens.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2005, 9:57 AM   #3

Hi Clyde

Thanks for that, I'll check them out

Nicola
Old Nov 29, 2005, 1:20 PM   #4

Hi Clyde

I've checked out both the camera filters site & the Fuji sites, both .com & .co.uk & I can't find any reference to the adaptors you mention. Hvae you got any further details that I could use in a search. Or it could just be that I'm not seeing the needle in the haystack :-)

txs
Nicola
Old Nov 29, 2005, 5:48 PM   #5

vangogh wrote:
Quote:
Hi Clyde

I've checked out both the camera filters site & the Fuji sites, both .com & .co.uk & I can't find any reference to the adaptors you mention. Hvae you got any further details that I could use in a search. Or it could just be that I'm not seeing the needle in the haystack :-)

txs
Nicola

Go to the Camerafilters site, scroll down to Equipment and Accessories, click on adapter tubes, scroll down to adapter tubes for Fuji and click on it, there you will see two different ones listed for S602 (and others). I purchased the plain black one for $6.41 and a Hoya UV filter from them.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2005, 9:55 AM   #6

Hi Clyde

I am now the owner of a 55mm adaptor :-). Justing looking for filters now. Thanks for your help

Nicola