Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 5, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1

Every few times I try to download the pictures from my Fujifilm FinePix A205 camera onto my computer, I end up having to re-download the whole entire program from the startup CD (because the program does not immediately open up and start the downloading process). I have moved a few times, and somehow misplaced the CD, and now I can't get any of my pictures off my camera. Is there anything I can try to do with the existing program I have on my computer (I still can open up the old pictures I took)?
If you could help me out,I would be sograteful!!THANKS!!
bkeds30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 6, 2005, 5:38 PM   #2

Have you considered purchasing a card reader? They are very simple to use, and with Windows XP there isn't any software that you need to install. You just plug the card reader into one of your USB ports. It shows up as a disk drive. All you have to do is use Windows Explorer and drag your files from the card to a folder on your computer. Of course, that means you have to remove the card to from the camera, but that's no big deal.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:27 PM   #3

Isthe USB modeset to 'DSC' in the setup menu? If it's set to 'Pictbridge' the computer won't recognize the camera.

If that doesn't do the trick, try this - after connecting the camera to the computer and turning it on, go to 'My Computer' and see if it shows up as a drive, labelled as 'FinePix (F' or whatever the drive letter is. It might appear as 'Removable Drive' if the FinePix software isn't installed - either way, if it does show up, just click it and after you go through a couple of layers of folders, you should see your pictures. Then you just click'n'drag them wherever you want. Good luck.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2005, 7:08 PM   #4

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! I haven't used my camera in about a year because I lost that CD!!!!!
Kim
bkeds30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2005, 1:20 AM   #5

Glad I could help.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote