Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:00 PM   #1

Hello All

I consider myself a budding novice :?, have had the Fuji 9500 for 4 weeks now and have been tinkering with settings trying to ensure that i didnt have one of the alleged duff cameras.

Upto today i have been happy with the results. My girlfriend got a Canon 350 D at the same time and has been impressed by some of the pics i have taken. Im not saying that the Fuji is better than the Canon as im not into that kind of debate, both cameras are good in the hands of people who are willing to work with the camera. I have found the zoom lens to be exceptional, and besides poor lighting issues have experienced none of the softness i have heard about.

We both went out earlier today on an unusually bright winters day to a local canal, a small group of Swans decided to pose for us.

This is theone of the pictures i got, i would appreciate any comments

I have done no PP on this image just resized it by 75% for web. I use a UV filter on the camera.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Cheers

Goth:|

Attached Images

gothiquity is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 11, 2005, 7:21 PM   #2

Never saw this take on a Swan, excellent!!

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 8:27 PM   #3

stunning shot (could use ev -1/3 to eliminate 'hot spot' on top)

your camera is working perfectly
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2005, 9:49 PM   #4

I like the "hot spot"...gives it an eerie effect. Great shot, Goth!

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2005, 8:16 AM   #5

I was shooting in shutter prioity , with dayilght setting. I used to just have it in full auto but found too many pics were coming out over-exposed. Shutter mode has given me some stunning results, as the above i think shows. Certainley better than i would get from auto anyway.

Have played with the ev +/- but not used it much yet, am just hoping for some more good weather next weekend so i can get out again.

Its taken me 4 weeks to get to grips with the camera, i was initi8ally dissapointed with some of the reults i was getting out of the box. However i am very happy with my results now, but im still learning. Hope i can get to the standard of some of the pictures ive seen elsewhere in this forum

Thanks for your supportive comments, i will post more pics as soon i have some worthy

Regards

Goth:|
Attached Images

gothiquity is offline   Reply With Quote