Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 13, 2005, 12:07 PM   #1

I just putchased a Fuji S5200 and want to use it with a slave flash on a L-bracket.

I tried an old Vivitar 200 with a slave adaptor but the second flash fires but ,is not seen in the pictures.. I even shot into a mirror and the slave flash went off but does not show in the image.... Tried shutter priority at 1/30 of a second and nothing, tried night mode and still nothing,,Red eye was off and used forced flash.

If I buy the Vivitar DF 200 will it work with the S5200 hate to spend $69.00 and not have the flash work with my camera..

Has anone used a slave flash, like the Vivitar DF200 and had sucess with the S5200???

Thanks
Carl

crvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:22 PM   #2
AWT

I know the answer to this!!

You need a slave that fires its attached flashgun on the second flash.. Your cam probably does a 'preflash' for metering before the exposure flash.

I built a little circuit to ignore first flashes, but there are plenty of 'digital' slave units that do the same thing..

ZAP!!!

AWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 2:23 PM   #3
AWT

Oops.. sorry- double post
AWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 3:23 PM   #4

Looks like you are using an SCR and a cmos dip,, is it a jk flip fop??

thought about using a 555 timer with an adjustable delay but was thinking of using a counter with a dip switch to set for 1 or 2 preflashes..

Thanks

Carl
crvogt is offline   Reply With Quote