Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 17, 2005, 4:35 PM   #1

Here some pics I took in a friends studio. It was the first time I took my s9500 to a studio. I just wanted to try out the flash sync with external lamps. It worked fine the faces are a little bit overexposed (better luck next time) I took the pics at ISO80 in shutter prior mode at 1/2000 sec. Does any one else got some experience with studio lights with a s9500 ?

http://www.dijkx.nl
http://www.dijkxhoorn.blogspot.com/
http://www.dijkxhoorn2.blogspot.com/

dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 17, 2005, 11:33 PM   #2

Your studio shots are excellent. I've been making money shooting portraits with my S9000, (studio/outdoor shots).Justbought a better flash meter, it's a Minolta VF. With a good flash meter you know more about the camera, in studio, outdoor flash fill, and some other tricky situations wherethe camera can't give an exact exposure. I highly recommend any popular flash meter, it'll make your job much easier, more enjoyable. People love their portraits done by this camera.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 1:43 PM   #3

Maybe a good idea to buy a flash meter. Yesterday I printed out one of the " studio" pics and it is really looking great. I'm happier and happier with my s9500. :|
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:09 PM   #4

Yes, excellent shots, beautiful kids.

I would like to see the fill light just a bit less and your key light a bit stronger to develope the facial shadows a bit darker which creates the three demensionality of good studio portraits ( my opinion of course ). Your sixth image is close to what I am trying to suggest.

Your shots show just how good the s9000is.

Regards, Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 9:17 PM   #5

I understood well this is your fun thing studio shoots with family, you did well in those shots. In photography, there is always the first chapter and no last chapter, I don't know what chapter you are at, but I know your portrait skill sure beat me. You'll be surprised to know that the public need family portraits if they know a photographer who has the skill as you do. Sure you need a good flash meter, I don't see why not. When you use a professional meter, you show to people that you are serious to do their pictures. I use the flash meter in another way too, sometimes I get stuck don't know what to pose the subject I just get the meter out and pretend to check the lighting on the subject, I'm buying time to figure out what to pose next, in fact I already know the exposure. In portrait photography you don't want to stand there getting stuck looking at the subject, use the meter to break the silence. I'm not surprised to see you are satisfied when you had the pictures printed. I use Kodak paper for portrait prints, turn the paper over, the Kodak watermark is printed on the back look more professional, it's like photographic paper. Oops, I'm using Fuji camera, and Kodak paper, Fuji don't like anything to do with Kodak, heh who cares, that the fight between Fuji and Kodak not mine.:-)

http://www.sportsshooter.com/message....html?tid=3318

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 1:00 PM   #6

Thanks guys for your advise, this was the first time I tried the s9500 in a studio. Sixth shot ??? Nicholas :-)
I think the s9500 is a very versatile camera !
Old Dec 20, 2005, 5:00 PM   #7

Here is the sixth shot :-) :-)
Attached Images

Old Dec 21, 2005, 1:58 AM   #8

I knew there was a sixth shot ( I did mean the fifth ).

I really enjoyed seeing your children enjoying themselves so much as you were photographing them. That speaks volumes about you as a photograher.

Regards, Nichoas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote