Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 22, 2005, 9:10 AM   #1

Does the S9000 take decent pictures using just the scene modes with no adjustments? I need at times to just dial and shoot. Thanks.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2005, 10:47 AM   #2

The primary function of the different scene modes on the camera is to shift the priority in how the camera is programmed. For instance, the "natural light" mode and the "night scene" mode emphasize slower shutter speeds. The basic understanding of light and composition are still the your responsibility. But in my opinion the camera does an excellent job in the different modes. BUT I have only taken approximately 200 pictures with my camera. Now my wife is making me wait until Christmas to really get my hands on it. My experience with my 5100 has been that if I just want to shoot without a lot of worries like at a family Christmas party or similar functions where I want a lot of good snapshots, I have primarily used the "auto" mode and have been happy with the results. Having said that, every picture is not perfect. The light conditions and other things can sometimes cause problems, but generally speaking I am quite pleased with the results. What little bit of experimenting I was able to do with 9000 brought similar results.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 8:08 AM   #3

I'm getting the impression from this forum and others that the S9000 does not point and shoot well and requires adjustments at snap time and PP. Yea or Nay? I'm a newspaper reporter who many times just needs to get the shot. Thanks.
pboerger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 8:37 AM   #4

No camera will point and shoot with good resulta under all circumstances

Cameras record as directed

Photographers take photographs NOT CAMERAS

Ansel Adams had a plate of film, a box, and a lens
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 8:38 AM   #5

ps. how did they ever get a decent shot with a speed graphic ???????????????
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote