Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 25, 2005, 11:59 AM   #1

Just bought S5200 and have several 55mm UV filters, but all are quite thin and will not allow the use of the Fuji lens cap. Any suggestions??

Thanks...
pwhited is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 25, 2005, 5:11 PM   #2

The cheapest thing to do is to go to a camera shop and purchase another lens can. I bought one for about $2.00 that attached to the filters just fine. And that's a lot cheaper than replacing all the filters.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 9:26 PM   #3
JTF

I have a S5200 (55MM) and I use a TIFFEN 55mm Difital Ultra ClearWW Filter that is not coated and leave on the lense all the time to protect it. I can still attach lense that came with my camera.
JTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 8:22 AM   #4

Maybe something like this..

http://www.2filter.com/prices/products/snapon.html

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:18 AM   #5

It depends a lot on the type of filter that you purchase. When I bought my 5100 they talked me into purchasing one of those three filter specials. I guess the filters are OK, but the lens cap that came with the camera will not attach to them because they are quite thin. When I purchased my 9000 I just bought a UV filter locally and the lens cap that came with that camera attaches just fine because the filter ring is quite a bit thicker.

My suggestion of purchasing a new lens cap was made because I understood that you wanted to use the filters that you already have. And a new lens cap is much cheaper than trying to replace all of your filters. If you are purchasing new filters, just make sure you check them out before you purchase if you want to make sure everything will work the way you expect it to.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:41 AM   #6

I have several 55mm filters for my S5200, and the Fuji lens cap has no problem staying on any of them. They're not of the low-profile variety, so that might have something to do with it.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 1:33 AM   #7

i got a UV filter on my 5600 and the cap didn't fit and i was going away on holiday didn't put the lense in until i was out in the bush and realised they dont fit.

the cap looks like a universal fitting one with a set of smaller clips towards the centre of the cap.

i used a small file and files those inside tabs off and the cap fits fine now.

so ive just left it as it is and its free.:-)
soundbeltfarm is offline   Reply With Quote