Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 28, 2005, 1:19 PM   #11

Nice photo Syd, pity the two silhouettes aren't in a more open uncluttered part of the horizon - I think next time you should chop down a few trees and bushes and recompose the shot:blah:
SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 6:20 PM   #12

OK, since some of you have asked, I am going to post a couple of samples. I don't like to do this because usually posted photos don't look as good as they do on my computer. I am NOT a good photographer. I don't pretend to be. So what you're going to see is what a rather careless photographer does. So far I have only taken people pictures. So please accept my apologies for imposing my family on you.

This first one is of my daughter and her friend. It was taken at 5 MP because I hadn't broken out my bigger cards yet, and all I had available at that moment was that 16 MB card that comes with the camera and I was trying to conserve space. I like the picture because the flash fired but it seemed to blend well with the natural light.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 6:23 PM   #13

This is my very uncooperative granddaughter. But the reason I decided show this picture is because it is only about 40 percent of the original image, and it was shot at ISO 400. I know, it isn't a perfectly clean shot. But compared to my other two cameras that will shoot ISO 400, it is really quite clean and crisp.
Attached Images

Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:25 PM   #14

This is just a follow-up message about the picture of my granddaughter. That photo and several others of her were taken earlier today, and I have spent some time working with them this evening. I don't know how to explain this, it isn't something that I can post for you to see. But I made a collage from several of the photos, and there is a clarity, or a realism, or something that is really different, and something I have never had in a camera before. I am beginning to see what others said; you have to print the images to really appreciate the quality that is there. I know, this sounds corny, or crazy, or whatever. But I am really impressed with the print quality of the images from this camera. And these were shot at ISO 400. I wonder what will happen when I consciously reduce the ISO.
Old Dec 29, 2005, 3:06 AM   #15

These are REALLY nice photos JP- you have some REALLY good looking womanfolk in your family! Nice quality - can't see any exif info but I assume both were taken with your new toy? You definitely have nothing to apologise about in respect of your photographic skills by the way. Syd & I - well, that's a different story:G
Old Jan 1, 2006, 1:18 PM   #16

Yes, well done JP. The images are quite natural looking.

Jim Babbage
jbabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:21 PM   #17

jphess wrote:
kefln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 12:30 PM   #18

Hi Jphess, excellent post and great family shots. Its like you were reading my mind.

I've been lurking around this site for quite some time, but have never posted. Its not that I'm shy but that I really only came across the site after I started to research the 9500.

I haven't been using digital cameras for very long and am still transitioning over from my old film based cameras. I needed something affordable, that would allow me to explore digital photography, while being more than an Auto mode toy. The 9500 seemed to be agood starting point. Reading some of the comments on this site made my choice that bit easier.

Over the Christmas the 9500 did everything I asked of it, got some great family shots, while not technically fantastic, they were perfect for albums. At the same time the camera allowed me to take some great out door shots, on the occasional day that the weather cleared up enough for me to go outside.

I have found the 9500 to be very versatile. Great for family events, yet sophisticated enough for me to learn more about my hobby.
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:55 PM   #19

Hi Kefln & welcome!

Why don't you start posting on the Crits forum as well - really funactivity and its a great place to learn. As with allof Steve's Fuji forums, there are a great bunch of people around.

Enjoy your new camera.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:18 AM   #20

Hi SteveDak,
Thanks for the welcome. Have been looking around and have enjoyed reading peoples comments on the crits forum. Once I get a chance to take some half decent shots I'll start posting properly.