Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:32 PM   #21

You know, sometimes I wonder why I even bother to take scenic pictures. I went up a canyon this morning. It was beautiful, but I really didn't get an image that moved me. However, I will share a couple. Taken with my S9000, RAW format, ISO 100, Program mode, a little bit of exposure compensation.
Attached Images

jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:33 PM   #22

This image was taken from the top of the canyon looking down into the Bear Lake Valley. Yes, there really is a beautiful blue lake down there.
Attached Images

Old Jan 6, 2006, 4:36 PM   #23

JP That really is a good shot. As crisp and clear as the snow. reminds me of my skiing days in Germany.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2006, 7:55 PM   #24

Jephess,

Winter2 pulls me into the scene. Fantastic. Worth printing real big.

Regards, Nicholas

nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 1:10 AM   #25

Iwill appreciateanyone give me comment on this picture (no touch up, only resize):
Attached Images

lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 1:12 AM   #26

Here is another one:
Attached Images

lsifs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 7:02 AM   #27

jphess

Just an observation. The valley pict is great, but just one thing, and this is my personal preference, I feel it would have been even better if you had moved a little bit so the road didn't show giving a more natural look or moved forward possibly showing more of the road to give more a sense of depth. Just my opinion.
tbcass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 9:16 AM   #28

As far as composition goes, I agree with you. I slipped away from work because it was the first clear day we had had for quite a while and I didn't take the time to really compose any of them. It was sloppy shooting. If I can find one that I like better I will post it. Thank you all for the comments. But as I stated previously, I really like the camera.

Jim
Old Jan 7, 2006, 1:00 PM   #29

Well, here is one more image. Actually, it is a 2-shot panorama. I was quite taken by the fog over the lake because usually it is possible to see a beautiful blue lake that is extra blue because of an algae that grows in the lake. Still isn't the greatest composition. Composition is my weak point. By the way, Isifs, I really like your images. Good job.
Attached Images

Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:45 PM   #30

OK, last one, I PROMISE. But another reason I like the 9000 with the 9 MP is that you can crop an image extensively and still get a reasonable picture. This is only about 20 percent of the original and (at least in my opinion) is still reasonably sharp and clear. You can even see the sparkles in the snow.
Attached Images