Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 27, 2005, 4:25 PM   #1

Hello everyone.

I am currently thinking about upgrading and I have narrowed my choices down to S7000. I found this camera (used) with a wide angle converter (WL-FX9), filters, bag, hoodand more for $500. I am wandering if you can guide me if this is a good deal! Any response if appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.craigslist.org/nby/ele/120698748.html
fujifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 28, 2005, 3:23 AM   #2

Looks like a good deal to me.

Kevin
KEV61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 9:51 AM   #3

I paid $500 for my S7k brand new two years ago, add $150-$200 for lens, bag, etc. and then depreciate the total for being used, IMO $500 is a little too high at this point in time. Do some price checks at various places for used S7ks and see what they are bringing these days.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 11:51 AM   #4

Does seem a little steep, especially when the new S9000 model can be had for just over $500 new from several websites and goes to 28mm wide right out of the box. Shop around first as right now alot of S7000 users may have cameras for sale as they are looking to upgrade to the newer models.
gipper51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 1:49 PM   #5

Thanks everyone for your response. I will consider this information. I have heard very good things about this camera.
fujifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2005, 10:35 PM   #6

I suppose that is a little steep for a used model. I would try to talk them down to $400 anyway but if it was taken care of well then it is worth it.. I bought mine for $600 new a year ago and it was the best $600 I ever spent. Ive had a blast with that camera and it does a great job at everything. Swiss army knife of cameras as I call it. My Dad has one too and he shoots at 12mp all the time and has great prints (20x30). I use it at 6mp and have made 20x30s that I just love too. I think the 12mp are a little soft when viewing on the computer next to a 6mp image and Im trying to conserve harddrive space. 6mp is just fine. Nice to have the 12 if you think you'll need it for a bill board or something ..lol I just recently went to a Nikon D50 to get the clearest cleanest image possible (meaning no noise in anything) but noise wise I never really noticed it in my prints with the S7000..4x6,5x7,8x10 .....at 20x30 if you put your face up to it you might notice the noise but only if your that picky and know what to look for. I think the S7000 is a great camera and you would be very happy with it as I was. Here is a link to images Ive taken with my Fuji finepix S7000. most everything in this stock gallery was shot with the S7000. http://docx-stock.deviantart.com/ Always nice to see what real people can do with a camera before you buy. P.S. Im really happy with the video mode as well. Only thing is it doesn't have a focus assist lamp..:-( That kinda sucks.. Happy shooting, Mark Hope this helps..
DocX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2005, 12:21 AM   #7

Hi DocX,

I shoot mostly 12mp fine soft with my S7k (other than some RAW shots), and they print beautifully. I'm never overly concerned with how they look on a monitor, for me the end result is how they look when printed. I will say they look better on my new lcd monitor than they did on my old crt monitor. Sounds like you kept your S7k, hope you are enjoying your new D50, you have the choice now to use which ever is more suitable for a particular outing, the best of both worlds so to speak!

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote