Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:31 AM   #1

HI, I dont know if anyone can help but after much web searching Steves sight is the only one i can find that offers me the glimmer of hope. Ive been given a fugi A120 camera but it has no software and no book. Ive managed to download the manual but the sofware downloads are up grades only and wont work on their own. I need to get the original software disk but my firend can find it. can any one answer the following:?

1. a webiste address to download the ORIGINAL full software (the fugi site only had upgrades) or

2. does this camera save to card which can be slotted into lap top reader and view images there rather than needing downloading software, leads etc.

If anyone can help me, please let me know.

thanks

DC:?
daisycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2006, 1:15 AM   #2

Yes, it saves to card. I think most people these days probably use card readers. I know I never mess with the software that comes with a camera.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 4:10 PM   #3

There really isn't anything in the Fuji software that you need to enable you to download your pictures. It is primarily a viewer and doesn't have any editing capabilities to speak of. If you purchase a card reader you shouldn't have any problem downloading your pictures. But if you want to make any adjustments to them you might want to consider purchasing an image editing program.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2006, 7:05 AM   #4

Thank you kind people you have put my mind at rest. i thought i had a dud for a while but it seems like i am on a winner. thanks so much

DC
daisycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 3:18 PM   #5

I have this camera and the camera works like a backup usb drive. Getting a card reader isnt going to do anything different then just plugging the camera into a USB port. I mean whats the difference? you plug a card reader into usb and you plug the camera into usb. They both work as a usb jump drive. You can drag and drop to and from the card.

All you need is the standard usb cable and the camera.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 5:38 PM   #6

Yes, you are correct about that. But, personally, I prefer to use the card reader because it doesn't drain the camera batteries, and because I would prefer not to connect my camera to the computer. That is a personal choice. I have read that on rare occasions a camera has become damaged through being connected to the computer. Yes, I know, the chance of anything happening is remote, but I would rather lose a $20 card reader than my camera.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2006, 8:23 PM   #7

If it was an $800. canonmaybe but for a card reader for a $50. camera seems kinda silly to me. That $20. can go for another xD memory card. I guess its your money so knock yourself out.

If digital cameras all used a standard format for memory cards then i would probobly agree with you but since its a format that is different then every other camera ide rather put that money into somthing else.

If you ask me, pulling the cards in and out is taking more of a risk of bending the pins on the inside of the camera then the usb blowing it up. There are far more cases of memory errors from that then blown cameras from the USB. Ive repaired a few so ive actualy see a few personaly.

When i plug my camera in i drag and drop the images into a folder i named "A120" it only runs the batteries that long to transfer from the camera to the computer.10 seconds tops. Using rechargables i dont worry about batteries anymore.
BowerR64 is offline   Reply With Quote