Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:32 PM   #1

Edited.
abby_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 4, 2006, 3:57 PM   #2

I have not used the movie mode on my 9000. On page 93 of the PDF manual, one of the headings says, "Use the movie mode to record movies with sound." It doesn't say in the manual, but it is my understanding that the sound is not stereo.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:18 AM   #3

Abby, the S9000/9500 has mono audio when in movie mode.
I did try this mode in my S9500, and I can say that the quality of audio is quite good also.
Ulisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 4:14 PM   #4

Good enough sound for a photocamera but you can hear the sound of electric drive of the autofocus. Autofocus is not very fast, but good.
valenttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2006, 1:58 PM   #5

abby_i wrote:
Quote:
Sorry if this has been asked before. I took a look but couldn't find anything with regard to this.

I'm thinking of buying the S9000/9500, but have a question with regard to it's movie mode. I see many mentions that it allows zooming, which many cameras don't have, but cannot find anything to say that it records audio when in movie mode also. I used to have a Canon S2 IS which did both, so am looking for a camera which still offers me this function.

Is anyone able to confirm that it records sound when in movie mode for me please?

Why did you get rid of your S2 ?
videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:19 PM   #6

You can record with sound, but make sure not to make a lot of noise yourself while recording, and that whatever you want to record is loud enough. Check this out:

http://img2.dpreview.com/reviews/S9000/DSCF0139.AVI
grafight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 11:28 PM   #7

Don't even think about movies if you have a Fuji 1 gig xd (M) card.
Nothing of use from mine.

My SanDisk 1 gig Ulta CF works just fine for movies.
Y4806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2006, 9:50 AM   #8

I used my S9000 the other day to take pictures at my daughter's award for being on the Honor Roll. When I got there I was surprised that she was also singing in the choir. I have a Canon Z80 digital camcorder that takes excellent videos but it was not taken.

So, I set it for movie mode the first time, and took an avi video of the singing. It was short lived event, which was good because I only have a 512MB CF card, and wanted to save some room for the photographs, which was why I took the camera in the first place.

It did pretty well, captured video and audio and was better than what I had ever seen before. It's not the quality of my Canon, but then sometimes life has surprises and if you only have your camera, sometimes you wish you had taken along your video camera.... and in a sense you at least have something to take fairly decent videos with ALONG with sound.

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote