Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:09 AM   #1
rfc

I have tried to contact fuji 3 times with no answer to this question. I have a Finepix S5000 that just recently started loosing the time and date and defaults to 1 megapixel every time you change the batteries. This never happed before as I have had this camera for about 2 years without a problem. The manual stated that it should hold the information for up to 6 hours without batteries. I can not find anything mentioned about another battery in the camera that might hold this information and has gone bad. Any information about this would be helpful. Thanks!

RFC
rfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 9, 2006, 10:46 PM   #2

There's a small internal battery or capacitor thatallows the camera to hold it'ssettings when the main batteries need changing. I think this has failed, so the camera will probably need to be serviced, as this is not something you can normally do yourself. I don't think the cost would be worth it, personally.
toshi43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:02 PM   #3
rfc

Toshi43,
Thanks for the information. I certainly won't have it serviced, the camera works fine and I guess I'll put up with resetting the date and time each time I replace the batteries. Too bad there isn't a real easy fix.

RFC
rfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:11 PM   #4

I suppose you could purchase an AC adapter and connect it to the camera and plug it in while you change the batteries.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote