Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:26 AM   #1

3 weeks into the s9000 and I'm enjoying it a lot! It's atight camera.These forums have helped me out so much after reading all of the reviews I decided this was the right choice for my budget.

Attached Images

Aaronss9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 4:31 AM   #2

Shutter-priority mode
Attached Images

Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:50 PM   #3

two very very nice shots.
at.choum75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 8:52 PM   #4

Thanks,

I'm learning as I go.

Aaron
Old Jan 11, 2006, 9:47 PM   #5

Aaron,

The second shot is special, you reminded me of a similar shot I saw in another forum about this camera, it made me decide to click the order button. You have a good camera to keep forever. The waterfall picture tells alot about this new Fuji sensor. Later I found out more about the lens by accident when I shoot into the sunset. You seem to enjoy landscape photography, I hope you already have a UV filter, probably a polarizer, if not then it should be your next filter. Turn the grid on, it's a good feature for landscape. You are quite in control of the camera setting by getting out of the auto everything mode using the shutter priority to blur the water. The lighting presented at that time is perfect, all you need to do is just one click and you did it. Keep this shotfor futurereference, the outdoor lighting, the color, the time, the exposure... Only three week using this camera, it will surprise you with more beautiful pictures later especially when you print them.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 11:54 PM   #6

Coldshot,

Thanks,I just readabout UV filters on another site and I think that it would help. Do you have any ideas on a goodbrand to go with?

Aaron
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:32 AM   #7

I have two kind of UV filters, Hoya and Sunpak, the Hoya's I bought years ago for my 35mm SLR lenses, the Sunpak are recently bought for the S9000, I like the Sunpak better, Sunpak UV is not coated but don't worry, I like the lens color of the S9000. Here is the cheating game. Buy the step up ring 58mm-62mm and you have an option to pick either 58mm or 62mm filter depend on availability. Buy the 62mm rubber lens shade to open up the vignette more, the 58mm lens shade has deeper vignette at wide end, however use vignette as a guide to stay away from wide zoom unless you really need to then colapse the shade, when zoom in and out you just don't have time to look at the thin line the zoom scale in the viewfinder, so the vignette is more clearly show at the corner as a warning sign, turn negative into positive and use it to your advantage. You are an outdoor photographer, get the rubber lens hoodto reduce shock when putting the camera on solid ground/surface. There are two kind of Sunpak filters on the market right now, one is made in china you find in Circuit City, and the other kind is made in Japan the difference is afew dollars more for the UV. I don't have the new Hoya filter so I don't know the difference from the old Hoya. I bought filters, good quality step up ring here:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/e_main.php

coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:10 AM   #8

Thanks for the link and the info. The u/v filterslook pretty affordable.

Aaron