Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 5, 2002, 12:43 PM   #1

Default F601Z: protecting the lcd screen

anyone got a good idea of how to prevent the lcd screen from getting scratches?

are there any protective covers out for the camera? i couldn't find any online.
jadefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 7, 2002, 4:02 AM   #2

Default Protecting the Fuji LCD Screen

Have I got a deal for you! This is what I do. Get the smallest size Zip Lock Freezer bag, place your camera with the top towards the Zip portion and trim the side (not too tight) and then the top (leave about another inch to spare. Tape the side together and you have an instant plastic protection for the entire camera including the screen. Now I have a dog and I have noticed that some of the doggy bones are packaged in a very heavy clear plastic. (Got the idea?)
fredbillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2002, 11:18 AM   #3

haha... that will make my camera look ugly tho! :P

i know there's some protective covers out there for other cameras, but maybe they haven't come out one for the f601z?
Old Jul 14, 2002, 1:35 AM   #4

Your missing the point. The plastic sleave for the camera is only used while the camera is in your camera or a small camera case. No one is going to see it dude. But, if you don't like that idea, look for the soft fabric compact case covers that ladies use to protect their compacts. Maybe you can find one large enough for the camera.
fredbillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2002, 9:25 PM   #5

that's not what i want to do. i want to be able to use the camera with the lcd protected. just like how you can get pda covers for the screen. or if you have heard about cell phone condoms, that's what i'd like to get for my camera.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 4:52 AM   #6

I've been thinking of some way of covering my LCD screen too, how about something like a small square of clingfilm
clear plastic, like the stuff they put on hi-fi displays when new.
I dont use my LCD very much to save battery, so it would'nt matter too much re. affect pic quality.
sollyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2002, 10:10 PM   #7

You can have a look at PocketPC device accessories, as they sell protective sleeves that stick to LCD screens by static electricity.
It does not affect the screen clarity and protects from scratches.
The sleeves are sold by packet of 5 I think. You'll have to cut them at the right size.
exemple: http://www.mobileplanet.com/private/...0133&listing=1

[Edited on 2002-7-30 by noctem]
noctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2002, 10:42 PM   #8

Default protectors

Jadefox...i think u answered your own question... u mentioned the protective sheets for PDAs...welll..use that...just cut to size... the stuff is out there...justr keep looking...u can also use the stuff that's used to protect new products from scrathes...basically kinda like static cling... u can get static cling material from printing supply stores. may be a bit expensive for your small need tho..see if they will cut u off a few inches or so for free.:P
DigitalArtist71 is offline   Reply With Quote