Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:08 PM   #61

how is the battery life on the E-900? I know it uses AA's ?
ht770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 8:08 PM   #62

how is the battery life on the E-900? I know it uses AA's ?
Old Apr 2, 2006, 2:02 PM   #63

Battery life depends on various things.

First and foremost, use rechargeable NimH, 2500 rating at least. A set of these AA batteries are included in the box.

Batteries used for for flash, topower the LCD, the motor to open an close the lens, download from media to computer, to look at your photos on the LCD.

Considering all that, it has a good range, well enough for a few days of shooting, before recharge.

Always carry recharged spares!

pr126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2006, 8:26 PM   #64

thanks, I know that rechargeable NimH is a must, but some cameras do drain them too fast like the olympus sp-350, I have the F10 on order but maybe I will buy the E-900, thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:36 AM   #65

I purchased the E900 two weeks ago. My first upgrade of a camera in several years, and first time Fuji owner. So disappointed. My pictures are full of horizontal lines, all washed out. It works some of the time most of the time not. I called the nearest Fuji repair center and told them what was happening. Person I talked to said it is a lemon, that the CCD was fried. How does this happen? Did I do this somehow, maybe trying to focus it into bright sunlight? So I have sent it back to the Edison, NJ center and hopefully it will be replaced on warranty. (I purchased it online and they wouldn't take it back since 2 weeks had passed) Is this a common thing for the CCD to go bad? I was hoping to get really familiar with this camera (I'm pretty newbie) before leaving mid June to ride my bicycle across the USA From Oregon/west coast to New Hampshire/east coast and use my new E900 for pictures of the my adventure on a bicycle along the way to post on my website/journal. Suppose it will take a month now to get a replacement! I have not seen many reviews of this camera, but do any of you know of any postings about this happening to this new Fuji model E900?
I am very encouraged when I see the great colors and shots taken with the e900 that have been posted on this form. - So guess mine was just a bad one and the next will be fine! Lets hope!
SS
SaraBikesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 1:17 AM   #66

no worrys you will get back, I know Fuji's are great cameras, I had the fuji s5000 and loved it , now I have a Canon 30d slr , reason I got an other fuji is to take with me on my cycling trips, I am getting in to bike touring , and I don't want to drag or abuse my DSLR , the E900 is a nice camera but I had to get the older model (E-550) for half the price, good luck on your trip, my big one is this winter , I will be touring Cuba east to west.
Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:13 PM   #67

Kerry coast:

Old Jun 20, 2006, 3:18 PM   #68

Fuji E900 + Adobe Photoshop 7

Old Jun 21, 2006, 1:10 PM   #69

Hi,

I'm new to digital photography but I'd like to re-create what I've done with my film cameras for many years: shoot high speed, low light, candid photos in black and white. The E-900 just got a pretty good review saying that it has a quick start up time and ability to shoot in low light. Does anyone know whether the defaults can be set so that when I turn it on, the flash will be set to "off?" In other words, I want to be able to turn the camera on and immediatly shoot without flash, not having to set the camera as such for each shot.

thanks

Thundergroover
Thundergroover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 1:26 PM   #70

The flash on the E900 only operates if you press the button to release the lock on the flash. Then it pops up to :|

Other controls are also available for the flash, consult the manual. (available to download at Fuji site.)

Hope this helps.