Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 16, 2006, 3:30 AM   #1

just took this tonight. let me know what you think.

aaron

aaronrosa.com
Attached Images

Aaronss9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 16, 2006, 8:20 AM   #2

Aaron,

Are those windmills in California? Did you use a tripod? Amazing shots.
coldshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2006, 6:01 PM   #3

coldshot,

They are in California, I used a tripod and 8 second shutter speed. Thanks for the kind words!

-Aaron

www.aaronrosa.com
Old Jan 17, 2006, 7:27 PM   #4

Aaron,

My best guess is the 10 fwy going toward Palm Spring in this picture. It must be a safe area for you to set up the shot with a tripod, if I am correct. There are many beautiful local parks with some man made lakes for you to take pictures, especially Going back toward Riverside, a little north on the 15 fwy there is Glenn Helen park good for nature shots, wedding portraits... some good ones in Riverside but I don't think it's safe to drag a tripod around, there are some hot spots you don't want to be in. Anyway, you have a good window of opportunity coming up, spring time, a chance to shoot wild flowers in the desert, carpet and carpet of beautiful flowers, be ready.
Old Jan 17, 2006, 9:43 PM   #5

Actually it's at the other end of California. This was taken on the Altamont, between Tracy and Livermore. The highway is 580/205. It was a fun little trip.

-Aaron

http://www.aaronrosa.com
Old Jan 17, 2006, 11:32 PM   #6

Ok, I know where Altamont is now,outside ofSF and San Jose. You love outdoor photography, you soon know allthe exposurein manual mode in different lighting situations. Get to know this new camera, test shutter at one second, test apertureto seef5.6=f5.6, f8=f8...then you are ready to take off. In case you are not in the mood to lug the tripod around, rest your camera on your left forearm, your left hand reach across to hold your shoulder.