Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 19, 2006, 1:25 PM   #1

Went to 3 photographic stores today but unfortunately they didn't stock either the Fuji softcase or the Lowepro case I wanted to take a look at. looks like I'm going to have to go mail order without seeing the case close-up.

I thought the Lowepro DRES 40AW looked a likely contender. I don't mind the holster type or even the fitted Fuji soft case if the quality is good. Other than a spare card and batteries I don't carry anything else around.

Anyone able to recommend a good case for the S9500?

vrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 19, 2006, 2:52 PM   #2

I might be wrong, but I suspect you will not see a lot of discussion on this subject. I think you should find a case that provides the level of protection you are requiring and has the features that you want. Then buy it. If it doesn't suit your fancy after a while, look for something else.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2006, 3:47 PM   #3

I would highly recommened the Tamrac Digital Series. I think the one I have is the; TA5684 Digital Zoom 4. Check it out. It is weather proof with good protection, Very well made and has several zipper pockets and slots for cards, batteries etc. It's as if it was designed for the S9X00.

Dood luck,

ISoS
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 11:05 AM   #4
knd

i there.
i tried the Lowepro DRES 40AW, and i think it's too small.
i bought the Lowepro Nova Mini AW.
knd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 12:47 PM   #5

Thanksfor the suggestions folks.

Yesterday I went out and bought the Lowepro Nova Micro AW. It isn't actually listed on the Lowepro matrix as a case that fits but it does and it has plenty of storage pockets too.

I didn't see a Nova Mini but that's obviously a size up from the micro. The micro is fine for my needs though as the S9500 fits in the main compartment nicely and there are plenty of pockets to carry aroundspare batteries, cards and lens cleaning cloths/blowers. A nice little compact all weather bag.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 9:48 AM   #6

Any suggestions for a case as opposed to a camera bag? Something that just covers the camera/lens for protection?
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2006, 5:56 PM   #7

I guess you could go for the Fuji one designed specifically for the S9xxx. I've not seen it close-up though or how about a holster type? Not sure where you are but if your in the UK Jessops have a good selection at around £15.
Old Feb 2, 2006, 6:17 PM   #8

Since I got my S9000 back froFuji repair due to a broken command dial, here is what I use to carry my S9000:

A nice leather bag that held a video camera, not much bigger than the box my s9000 came in.

I place my S9000 in the plastic holder that the camera came in, and close the top with some bubble wrap that I taped along the opposite side.

Nothing but the body of the camera is held by the plastic holder. I tip it up, sideways, always, and my S9000 sits inside quietly without touching any dial, knob or the LCD, against the wall of the plastic holder.

I put it in my bag with the camera bottom in a vertical position with the lens on top.

It works perfect for me.

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 6:38 AM   #9

When I got my camera Fuji didnt make a specific case for it so I went for the standard fuji soft leather case that fits a few other models also.

I find the camera fits in ok but not much room for anything else. Very tight fit.

I'll be getting a new one when I find one I like the look of.... trial and error i suppose...

Not to fussed who makes it as long as it does the job

Rob
Sintax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2006, 8:01 PM   #10

I got the Lowepro Nova Mini AW. I like to have just enough space but not too much. I would have purchased Lowepro Toploader but they don't have the AW cover for some reason. The All Weather cover came in handy many times with my last camera. It works.
Gillesgc is offline   Reply With Quote