Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:39 AM   #1

Took these shots in Auto Mode - only PP was to resize & sharpen by one or two points. Interested in any comments.
Attached Images

SteveDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:39 AM   #2

and ....
Attached Images

Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:47 AM   #3

I have a nephew who is in charge of the digital lab at Brigham Young University. He has acquired a high tech film scanner and some very expensive wide format printers. I recently asked him what his ratio of digital/film photography that he did personally. To my surprise, he refuses to use any digital camera. He goes into this, "you can't do yada, yada, yada" routine. But when I see the kind of photos you are producing and evaluate some of my own photos, I simply cannot see where we are sacrificing anything. I am so impressed with this 9000. My nephew is trying to work out an arrangement where he can continue to manage this lab and work on a master's degree. I can't help but feel that he is going to find his opportunities limited in the future if he continues to ignore the tremendous possibilities digital photography provides. I think both of your photos are flawless.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2006, 4:59 PM   #4

Thanks for the input JP - I think the camera is producinggood results straight out of Auto 'point & shoot' mode, with the absoluteminimum of PP'ing. All I did with these two shots was to resize for posting & sharpen byone ortwo points.

I've carried out this 'hamfisted auto mode" exercise quite deliberately to see whether the amount of PPing that has been advised on this and other forums from time to time is really neccessary- I have to say thatthe answer to that, for me at least, is no based onthe camera I have in my possession.

Old Jan 20, 2006, 5:46 PM   #5

I think you two guys have really shown us all what this camera is capable of.
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 3:54 AM   #6

Good to see Steve finaly bit the bullet and got himself the cam and is getting good results.
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 5:25 AM   #7

Steve definately got a good one. Seems all those months of research paid off. These are some of the best quality shots I've seen taken with this camera. Makes me even wonder whether Nicholas and Sel's might be duds!
In search of Syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:00 AM   #8

Troutman wrote:
Quote:
Good to see Steve finaly bit the bullet and got himself the cam and is getting good results.
It was never reallyin doubtTrout - I just wanted to make sure when I did getit, it was a good one.Seems my efforts have paid off and I'm very happy with the camera and the results I'm getting.

Without labouring the point, I really am doing no more PP than I do with my 5500 and happily getting the results I've posted above -which I personally think are more than acceptable from any camera in plain'Auto everything' mode. Print quality is truly astonishing.

Think those issues that have been reported -where therehave beengenuine problems -really are quality assurance / production controlrelated.