Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 21, 2006, 4:44 AM   #1

Hello,

Adobe have updated the camera RAW plugin on their site. . available for download now. .

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

All the best

Antony

antonyjcross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 21, 2006, 6:04 AM   #2

tHANKS.

Direct link:

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/...ra_Raw_3_3.zip
hazarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 10:55 AM   #3

Thanks for the tip :-)
dijkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 7:12 PM   #4

Yes, Thank you VERY much. Adobe Raw is so much better than STRAW. Finally my S5600 will produce the kind of pictures I knew it would when I purchased it. I'm late getting to this, I know, but it was worth the wait.
Yarnspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 9:51 PM   #5

That camera raw ver 3.3 is good for Adobe CS2 and not for the Adobe CS. I have the Adobe CS and there is no Adobe RAW for my Fuji S9000. I did purchase a great little program called RAW PhotDesk. It recognizes the *.RAF file format of the Fuji S9000 and can convert it to TIFF, JPEG, BMP, PDF, etc and edit it right in the program, correcting gamma, white balance, contrast and brightness,.... pretty much all the main goodies needed for editing. Only cost $29.95, about the price of going out to eat on Saturday night! To find out more about the "RAW PhotoDesk" software it's at this link: http://www.rawphotodesk.com/

Adobe is a great program, but when it come to raw processing, there is a gap there in the CS program and I don't want to upgrade to CS2 just to get the raw function when I can get it with this standalone that does so well.

Vern

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 10:51 PM   #6

Vern,

Have you considered using the Adobe DNG Converter to convert your raw images to the DNG (digital negative) format that Adobe has developed? If you download version 3.3 of the DNG converter you can do that, and then those images will open in Photoshop CS and Camera Raw 2.4, and you can edit them just like you would edit your raw images. You have all the benefits of the raw converter, and it is an easy way to keep up with the changing technology. Quite a few people have even developed a workflow where they convert their images to DNG as they transfer them from the camera. It might be something for you to check out. The DNG converter is available on the Adobe downloads site.

The nice part about it is that the DNG converter is free. It will convert your raw images, but you will still have the original raw images. I have worked with both raw and DNG images with Photoshop, and I cannot tell any difference between them. So download the converter and give it a try and compare it with what you are using. I think you will like the DNG converter once you get so that you understand it.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2006, 11:26 PM   #7

Thanks Jim,

Yep, considered it a few days ago. That was before I bought the RAW PhotoDesk program. I start the 3.3 version of DNG, go to the "select" file, choose the folder and go to a *.RAF file and as soon as I click on one of my files the selection button grays out and I cannot select it. The select goes away and then I just close out the program as it does not recognize the RAF file. Tried the 3.3 version as well as the 2.4 version of DNG. To me sort of worthless.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 12:08 AM   #8

That isn't the way I use it. Try dragging the entire folder containing your RAW images onto the icon for the DNG converter. Don't try to drag individual images, drag the folder that contains the RAW images. It should work if you do it that way.

BTW, use the 3.3 version.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:23 PM   #9

Yep, by golly Jim, it sure worked that way. I've never head of doing something like that before, but it converted them. I created a folder called "RAW" and put the *.raf images in there and then I used that to "drag" onto the icon, and then it converted them to dng files. Cool!! thanks! I still use my RAW Photo Desk software though *S*

Vern

Old Jan 30, 2006, 8:50 PM   #10

Vern,

I am glad you were able to get it to work. I can't remember where I bumped onto those instructions. I think it was on one of the Adobe forums. I think it's too bad that Adobe made the change that they did in Camera Raw when they released CS2. I can't remember everything that was added. In Photoshop CS and camera raw, do you have the Curves control? I know there were some significant changes. So I don't know how Camera Raw 2.4 compares to your other software. I wish RawShooter Essentials would update their software to support the Fuji cameras because it is really a nice raw converter/editor. But they don't seem to be in any hurry to support anything less than the "professional" type cameras. Anyway, I am glad I was able to explain to you how to use the DNG converter.