Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:10 PM   #1

I am trying a custom white balance on the s9000. The manual says if OVER appears to use the plus and minus keys to adjust this so as I can get the "completed!" status. However, there are no plus and minus keys to adjust. How can I get my custom WB setting if I keep getting the OVER warning? it even says this when I have a sheet of paper in front of the lensin this lighting environment.

Also, second question, does the entire screen need to be a white background to do this, or will a large section of white in the center of the shot suffice for setting this customer wb level? for example, I am taking shots through fish tank glass and the sand on the bottom is what I am using to set WB, as the there is a lot of blue tint from the lights.
pantinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2006, 2:20 PM   #2

Use the control dial (left / right) for + /- .

You can still adjust the white balance in Photoshop or another photo editing software.

If you are shooting thru glass, use manual focus as the focus beam will be stopped by the glass. Then, if you got a polariser filter, use it to avoid reflection from the glass surface.

Good luck.

pr126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2006, 11:19 PM   #3

You need to have your reference, whether a white sheet of paper or, better a "white balance" card, completely filling the view, reflecting the light source you are using. Attempting to adjust using your aquarium sand will not render true results due to the refraction of the light through the water as well as the aforementioned glass problems.
Gillesgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2006, 10:36 PM   #4

got it. Thanks for the responses.
pantinor is offline   Reply With Quote