Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 26, 2006, 11:33 PM   #11

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Whereare you gettingyour F11 and for how much? I saw a listing on ebay where they were selling them from Japan for $350 or so. However, if the flash issue has not been addressed, I don't see the need to upgrade. The image quality and natural light ability seems to be the same for both. And I always have my FZ30 for more professional shots, including using a bounce flash.
I am gambling and ordered it from Presiige Photo. $281.00 + $14.95 shipping. You just have to understand who you are dealing with and just don't let them talk you into any of their overpriced add ons. They use the cheap prices as loss leaders to get people in the door, so to speak, them try to pressure them to buy more. I actually did not have any problems, I just said I needed nothing but the camera. Ordered it Monday and it was shipped yesterday.

Don
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:34 AM   #12

Darn, had I known that I would have skipped the F10. I paid $272 for it from Buydig (free shipping though). Let me know if the transaction works out for you and I might just make the switch. List my F10, hopefully not lose any money on it, and upgrade to the F11.What's theirwebsite? I tried Prestigephoto.com, but that's not it.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:36 AM   #13

Carskick wrote:
Quote:
You have to hold the camera more steady, but try slow synchro flash. It leaves the shutter open longer, but going down to 1/15th of a second as it does can be hard to hand hold, and some of your pictures will be blurry unless you up the ISO to compensate. I wish the standard flash would slow to 1/60th seconed instead of the 1/100th of a second the F10 chooses. Shutter priority would be great so you could use 1/40th of a second with the slow syncro.

Thanks. I will try that.
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:25 PM   #14

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Darn, had I known that I would have skipped the F10. I paid $272 for it from Buydig (free shipping though). Let me know if the transaction works out for you and I might just make the switch. List my F10, hopefully not lose any money on it, and upgrade to the F11.What's theirwebsite? I tried Prestigephoto.com, but that's not it.

www.prestigecamera.com I'll let you know hoy it turns out. Camera scheduled for delivery Tuesday.
d-sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:33 PM   #15

Thanks. Let me know once you get it and also let me know how you can control the flash on it.
Old Feb 8, 2006, 6:06 PM   #16

Since these postings, I resold my F10 and got my F11 from prestigecamera. The F11 does not have the issue with flash underexposure. It works perfectly and takes gorgeous shots.

Here is a sample (albeit without flash). By the way, I love the Chrome setting for colorful images.

Attached Images

Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:10 AM   #17

Hi rduve

did u encounter any red eye problem in your photos ?
also, on enabling the red eye reduction does F11 gives pre-flashes?
how is the overall flash range of this camera?

Thanks
Raj
raj777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:25 AM   #18

Red eye is certainly a factor in any camera, but I don't find it to be worse on this camera than any other. The flash pre-flashes very briefly in the red eye reduction mode. almost not enough to distract the subject. The flash is small, but since you can beef up the ISO to 1600 it reaches quite far, but not more than about 15 feet, which about all that can be expected from a small camera like this. What I don't like is that the camera defaults to ISO 800 even when the subject is relatively close, but this can be manually overridden. All in all, after going through several cameras to be my little compact, I think I am going to keep this one for a few years.

This shot was taken without the Red Eye reduction. You can see a little red eye in my 3-year-old, none in my baby boy.
Attached Images

Old Feb 10, 2006, 12:25 AM   #19

This is from about 12 ft away. Camera set the ISO at 800. Excuse the mess.

Attached Images