Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 31, 2006, 5:15 AM   #11

Hi Steve & All,

The Lunar New Year pictures ( straight out of my S9000 ) are on on the 'People' forum.

I did not know which forum to post a parade shoot.

And good news, my S9000 Lunar New Year Parade pictures havebeen 'Web-published/linked' on About.com:

http://queens.about.com/b/a/217239.htm

My carry casepics soon to follow.

Regards, Nicholas
nickphoto123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2007, 6:31 AM   #12

Hi

my S9500 just broke ....... the command dial problem

i wonder if the problem will continue to exist after they fix it??????????

thank you
aymen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:17 AM   #13

aymen1 wrote:
Quote:
My S9500 just broke ....... the command dial problem
i wonder if the problem will continue to exist after they fix it?
Fuji have redesigned the command dial, and it is now as good as the rest of the cammie :-) In either case, IF it does fail again, even out of Fuji's warranty, they STILL have to fix it free, as it is a WELL documented design fault.
JKirk

jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 8:42 AM   #14

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
In either case, IF it does fail again, even out of Fuji's warranty, they STILL have to fix it free, as it is a WELL documented design fault.
JKirk
Fuji has never agreed that it is a design flaw. Unless you're willing to haul them in to court, I doubt that they will fix it again if the camera is out of warranty.
Wolverine@MSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2007, 5:12 PM   #15

"Fuji has never agreed that it is a design flaw. Unless you're willing to haul them in to court, I doubt that they will fix it again if the camera is out of warranty."

I personally know of MANY instances (including from tech friends I trust), where the Fuji sercvice techs have admitted it IS a design fault and that the part has been redesigned. Also, MANY people have had it fixed FREE, without a lawyer. OK, sometimes you DO need to ring up and abuse them :-) and sometimes the *owner* decided NOT to pursue it. And sometimes you'll just strike a bad-ass service manager who'se pi$$ed of with the world that day. Worst case, you call your Consumer affairs dept (or relevant authority). I've had to do it MANY times for friends.

These days, with the rediculous number of people who have nothing better to do than whip out a pack of lawyers at the first sign of a problem, there is a HUGE gap between a company issuing a RE-CALL ( a VERY expensive process) and QUIETLY sorting out the issue.

There are many instances of Fuji, and other manufacturers fixing a know fault WELL out of warranty. Warranty in MOST western countries is for the "expected life of the device in normal use" , NOT the 1 year as stated by most products. And that doesn't include manufacturing faults.

The bottom line is - IF you have a fault, and especially if its a design fault, you can almost guarantee you'll get it fixed FREE, as per law. Depends on how far you want to pursue it, IF* the company doesn't want to play ball. YMMV
JKirk

jkirk@oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2007, 12:17 AM   #16

Hi

thank you for your response ........

I work for the UN and i do allot of traveling. i bought the camera so that i could capture far away objects (architectural ornaments) doing a PhD.

I could of bought the camera from anywhere on earth butI chose to buy it from Jordan (middle east) because my work is there and in case of an emergency i could get it fixed.

I am in Syria right now and i will go to Jordan in a few days i hope that they will acknowledge the problem and fix it. my warranty ends in April.

anyway my fear is that it might break again... so no one saw the replaced piece (if it was made of metal?).

my friend here in Syria told me it is a easy thing to fix and he can replace it with a metal shaft. stillI want to try my chance with Fuji.
Old Jan 18, 2007, 9:46 PM   #17

Could I ask a question of y'all? WIth no malice intended, says who the command dial is redesigned? I ask because I have put the purchase of an S9100/S9600 on indefinite hold until I am sure this design flaw has been eliminated. Thanks!

Regards,

jZ
AutoXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2007, 10:01 PM   #18

I have just sent in my S9500 for the command dial to be replaced, I am lucky the UK head office is a five minute walk from my house, I spoke to antechnician who gave me written confirmation it is an upgraded improved replacement, and they admitted there is a known problem.

:|
deanbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2007, 12:25 AM   #19

Hi could you please send me a copy of this confirmation (so that i can ask the branch in Jordan to give me one) in case it breaks again.........

thank you.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 10:04 PM   #20

Thanks, Deanbed - I'm kinda surprised they gave written confirmation because it basically admits there is a problem that they have denied existed up to now. At least those of us on the fence about purchasing one of the new ones can maybe have a little more faith in the camera ... just a little ...

jZ
AutoXer is offline   Reply With Quote