Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 27, 2006, 11:26 AM   #1

hi

im saving for s9000
:|
found these cards twinmos ultra x 140x

http://www.twinmos.com/flash/flash_p_cfc_140x.htm

or ATP ProMax CF 150x

http://flash.atpinc.com/products/vie...roduct_id=1213

cannot find users or reviews

what do you think

also can i download directly to pc from camera

and do i need a cf II adaptor for these cards
automaton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 27, 2006, 12:49 PM   #2

There is a compatibility list on the Fuji website. I haven't checked it lately. Before Christmas BestBuy had a special on Lexar CF cards and I bought a 1 GB card that works just fine. Don't worry about buying the "high speed" cards because they won't make any difference. If you are concerned about write speed you will get better performance out of xD cards. When I'm shooting RAW images with my 9000 it can take 10 seconds or more to save an image. I understand xD cards are somewhat faster. But then I don't usually shoot where I quick saves anyway.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:40 PM   #3

thanx for rapid answer

how about these questions:?

can i download directly to pc from camera

and do i need a cf II adaptor for these cards

you would recommend the s9000

currently i have the km g600

Old Jan 27, 2006, 1:50 PM   #4

The S9000 has a USB 2.0 connection which allows fairly fast downloads directly from the camera. A card reader is a convenience but not a necessity.

Ira

See, in the right forum you get prompt answers.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2006, 2:26 PM   #5

I forgot to finish my answer. Yes, it is possible to download directly from the camera. In fact, the cable is included and if you are using Windows XP or 2000 it isn't necessary to install any additional software. I have downloaded directly from the camera a few times but I prefer to use a card reader. I read somewhere awhile back that if the batteries fail during a transfer you run the risk of losing some of your images. Others have expressed concern about damage to the camera through the cable but I don't have any facts to back such a claim. I just personally prefer to use a card reader. They are very simple and require no power from the camera.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 9:46 PM   #6

I'm using the TwinMOS Ultra -X 140X 512 mb in my S9000. Does a good job. I download directly into my PC withe the attached USB cable, no problemo. :-)

I started to install the fuji Finepix software but nixed the Finepix! To big and ...What for?

Newegg had a good price on the 512 TwinMOS 512 140X card and I got it for around 40.00 including shipping. Perhpas the xD would be a bit faster, but this seems fast enough for me. I really should put the dinky 16mb xD card in there sometime to see if I notice any write speed difference from shot to shot, etc.

Generally I create a folder on my computer claled Fuji Pictures. in there I create a folder for each month..Jan' 06, Feb '06 and so on. In those individual folders I create a "day" folder with some sort of info such as "1-31-06 Hammerstein" and then I download the day's pictures into that folder and I'm done. I go into the computer "MY COMPUTER" click on the removable drive, click on the Fuji folder and keep going until I get the pictures to be in the directory. Click "EDIT" and "Select All" and then I right click on one of the pictures and in the drop down menu I choose "move to folder" I then designate the pre-made 'day' folder and they move off the camera into there.. When I'm done, the camera is clean, I disconnect and shows' "No images" in the viewer. Ready to start shooing some more.

Pictures are turning out outstanding btw.

The Winemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2006, 4:27 PM   #7

I like the card reader. I can be browsing through pictures at my leisure without using the camera power. I can work on a card while someone else at home shoots with another card.

Like everyone said, the s9000 comes with a USB cable to connect to your PC or MAC. On a MAC it's instant plug and play. You plug the cable and the icon for the card appears on the desktop.

I never bother installing any software that comes with cameras. I just let my MAC do the browsing, and Photoshop the editing.

The s9000 is an awesome camera. The auto settings are not the best. I believe they are intended for the SAFEST shot, not the best. For the best shot you'll have to use your head and pick what you want. (But even in full manual the s9000 helps you with an exposure indicator).

Some tips: Work at low ISO's when possible to prevent noise. Use the shooting modes as a learning tool to see what setings the camera chooses, then switch to manual and tweak them for best results.

Good luck!
grafight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2006, 10:19 AM   #8

:|

after reading every review s9000 etc

a lot of people compared the superzooms to dslr

i sold my g600

got a nikon d50:|